Subject: "Balance Of The Sisters" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68591
Show all folders

CuriousWarrior (Anonymous)Thu 13-Jul-17 04:28 AM
Charter member
#68591, "Balance Of The Sisters"

Just wondering with the changes to parry.
IE its not all based on main hand but a split between main and dual wield.

How does this impact balance of the sisters. Does this legacy mean you always pick the better parrying weapon? If so is this to the point that if you have an empty hand and weapon in the other that you would always parry check with the weapon?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KstatidaThu 13-Jul-17 05:19 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68592, "No effect whatsoever"
In response to Reply #0

Parry is parry, balance of the sisters is only checked on activated skills.

CuriousWarrior (Anonymous)Thu 13-Jul-17 06:24 PM
Charter member
#68595, "RE: No effect whatsoever"
In response to Reply #1

I realize that but the reason why I ask:
Before the parry change as long as you had a mainwield you have parry solely based (100%) on that weapon regardless of second hand being empty or not. This meant that Balance of the sisters could open up a number of interesting combinations. EG Better parrying main wield and malediction from secondary.

Now with new parry (Which seems to be a 50/50 split) there seems little point in taking balance. Sword primary dagger secondary parries just as well as dagger primary sword secondary. So effectively balance of the sisters becomes an "Anti-Space" build as you wont take hits switching weapons.

In the majority of cases I would argue switching weapons and taking a different legacy is a much much much better build option that Balance since the parry change. Given I cant find a post saying balance was refactored I thought I would ask rather than assume.

laxmanThu 13-Jul-17 07:32 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68596, "It's still good at what it does"
In response to Reply #2

You can pair it as a sword/dagger spec to use other moves and still get riposte/concealed. With hours past midnight it can open up having 2 available exotic skills, and also it can be easier to have a wallop/batter in offhand and high damage claw in main hand. As you said above it's also good against space. And lastly it forces a double disarm to make blind/disarm a fully functional tactic.

KstatidaFri 14-Jul-17 08:37 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68597, "There's a reason noone takes it"
In response to Reply #2

NT

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68591 Previous topic | Next topic