Subject: "Outlander Transmuter" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68458
Show all folders

Wondering (Anonymous)Mon 03-Jul-17 05:43 PM
Charter member
#68458, "Outlander Transmuter"

Just curious with Jakhu going 156 and 0 in pks is the combination too op? Perhaps outlander muters should lose duo like asns lose hide?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No, he was a human/halfie cherry picker, amazingdonnie, 05-Jul-17 06:24 PM, #13
Reply You crazy. NT, TMNS, 05-Jul-17 07:19 PM, #14
Reply Not too off, though., Murphy, 05-Jul-17 07:28 PM, #15
     Reply I'd argue they are strongest at like 20ish, actually., TMNS, 06-Jul-17 06:37 PM, #21
Reply This, Kstatida, 06-Jul-17 06:55 AM, #18
     Reply The OP part is actually the stealth part., Tac, 06-Jul-17 07:50 AM, #19
          Reply I was commenting on personality, Kstatida, 06-Jul-17 12:22 PM, #20
               Reply Right, but the personality is tough to execute..., Tac, 06-Jul-17 07:27 PM, #22
                    Reply The stealth aspect is what sets assassins/transmuters a..., TMNS, 06-Jul-17 08:30 PM, #23
                         Reply Stealth is fine, but where is the duergar for muters?, Tac, 07-Jul-17 10:40 AM, #24
                              Reply So like Mark Target?, The-me, 07-Jul-17 10:56 AM, #25
                              Reply Mark assumes you've already caught them out of duo..., Tac, 07-Jul-17 11:01 AM, #26
                                   Reply Aoe used to bring them out - along with the lag it bala..., The-me, 07-Jul-17 11:16 AM, #27
                                        Reply Reveal/faerie fog spells did., Jormyr, 07-Jul-17 08:13 PM, #29
                                             Reply Some ideas..., Tac, 07-Jul-17 08:31 PM, #31
                                             Reply This, Kstatida, 10-Jul-17 06:41 AM, #46
                                             Reply A huge boon to muters was..., Saagkri, 07-Jul-17 10:54 PM, #34
                              Reply Invokers and Air forms., TMNS, 07-Jul-17 05:26 PM, #28
                                   Reply How does that help against level sitting muter?, Tac, 07-Jul-17 08:25 PM, #30
                                        Reply Dude, killing muters for some classes is super easy., TMNS, 07-Jul-17 09:16 PM, #32
                                        Reply That edge list tho , Demos, 09-Jul-17 12:02 AM, #36
                                        Reply RE: Dude, killing muters for some classes is super easy..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 09-Jul-17 12:34 AM, #37
                                             Reply 1) His PK Death list was incomplete (it wasn't on origi..., TMNS, 09-Jul-17 05:25 AM, #38
                                                  Reply RE: 1) His PK Death list was incomplete (it wasn't on o..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 09-Jul-17 08:55 AM, #41
                                                       Reply That char was my first dagger spec ever., TMNS, 09-Jul-17 01:17 PM, #43
                                                       Reply Did you IMM btw? NT, TMNS, 09-Jul-17 01:17 PM, #44
                                                       Reply I fought Lorenz a lot, laxman, 09-Jul-17 05:29 PM, #45
                                        Reply Seperate post detailing muter PK strategy., TMNS, 07-Jul-17 09:26 PM, #33
                                             Reply You are confusing the issue. It isn't about killing th..., Tac, 08-Jul-17 07:25 AM, #35
                                                  Reply Set traps., TMNS, 09-Jul-17 05:27 AM, #39
                                                       Reply That is true for any given char vs char..., Tac, 09-Jul-17 08:36 AM, #40
                                                            Reply There is the simple solution to that, Beront (Anonymous), 09-Jul-17 11:57 AM, #42
Reply It's about player skill (nt), Bemused, 04-Jul-17 08:14 PM, #6
Reply Not really...it's like yeah all classes are guns..., TMNS, 05-Jul-17 01:56 AM, #7
     Reply Hey Same. Ever kill a man with a sock?, Murphy, 05-Jul-17 02:43 AM, #8
          Reply Anklet or knee socks?, Quixotic, 05-Jul-17 08:22 AM, #9
          Reply Do I have to explain every quote I make?, Murphy, 05-Jul-17 10:09 AM, #10
               Reply That's your destiny, Kstatida, 05-Jul-17 12:10 PM, #11
          Reply No but I have killed 3 people with a ####ing pencil., TMNS, 05-Jul-17 05:42 PM, #12
               Reply The same pencil?! nt, Saagkri, 05-Jul-17 08:55 PM, #16
               Reply Don't ever steal this man's car or kill his puppy. NT, Quixotic, 05-Jul-17 10:18 PM, #17
Reply It's not about outlander, Kstatida, 04-Jul-17 06:50 AM, #5
Reply No., Murphy, 04-Jul-17 12:22 AM, #4
Reply No n/t, No n/t (Anonymous), 04-Jul-17 12:16 AM, #3
Reply No. N/t, laxman, 04-Jul-17 12:02 AM, #2
Reply No. n/t, Lhydia, 03-Jul-17 08:53 PM, #1

amazingdonnieWed 05-Jul-17 06:24 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2013
148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68495, "No, he was a human/halfie cherry picker"
In response to Reply #0

Stats can be inflated if you follow a strict code of engagement like that character did. He would not engage anyone who remotely understood how to fight transmuters or was close to his own level despite his great gear.

Dark elven transmuters have a much harder time through the ranks and at hero he wouldn't be nearly as scary as he was mid ranks (and he knew that hence 41 )

TMNSWed 05-Jul-17 07:19 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68496, "You crazy. NT"
In response to Reply #13

NT

MurphyWed 05-Jul-17 07:28 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68497, "Not too off, though."
In response to Reply #14

Muters are still strong at hero, but they ARE even stronger in 36-40 ranks as a human.

TMNSThu 06-Jul-17 06:37 PM
2670 posts
#68522, "I'd argue they are strongest at like 20ish, actually."
In response to Reply #15

The only downside is how glass-cannon all lowbies are to an extent due to low HP.

KstatidaThu 06-Jul-17 06:55 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68507, "This"
In response to Reply #13

THe dude never attacked anyone with svp. And several people I know were wearing svp sets specifically because of him.

TacThu 06-Jul-17 07:50 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#68508, "The OP part is actually the stealth part."
In response to Reply #18

Which is why outlander is in play. The ability to pick fights with very nearly 100% impunity even if people know you are there is what is OP. Why engage someone geared to fight you? Just look at them, see their gear, and then move along.

Camo and hide both protect classes with them in similar ways, but even assassin hide has more restrictions than duo *and* if someone can see you, they can strike. Duo stops even that. Unless there is some hidden hard counter to duo (enemy muter?) that I'm not aware of, the issue with muters is really an issue with duo being too good, or the combo of duo + chamo being too good, not because you can be both at the same time, but because you can switch between when the situation warrants, giving you zero? enemies who can both see you and do something about it directly.

KstatidaThu 06-Jul-17 12:22 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68519, "I was commenting on personality"
In response to Reply #19

Not the OP part.

TacThu 06-Jul-17 07:27 PM
2050 posts
#68523, "Right, but the personality is tough to execute..."
In response to Reply #20

if you can't pick literally every fight. Even the ranger and assassin builds that could do similar numbers *could* have an anti-build made specifically to counter them. Building an anti-muter build by wearing svs vs para doesn't work if they can simply choose not to fight you. Which they can.

TMNSThu 06-Jul-17 08:30 PM
2670 posts
#68524, "The stealth aspect is what sets assassins/transmuters a..."
In response to Reply #22

Air/Offense HAD similar "benefits" with the aspect of "Choosing your fights" which stealth allows.

Yes thieves and rangers also have high amounts of stealth, but in the case of thieves they play SOOOO different due to paths/points...and rangers have never really been "strong" outside of the wilderness, and therefore, can't join the assassin/muter top tier.

That being said, the stealth sets those classes apart from classes like necro/invoker/warrior so I don't know what to do. You want differentiation between your classes...

TacFri 07-Jul-17 10:40 AM
2050 posts
#68553, "Stealth is fine, but where is the duergar for muters?"
In response to Reply #23

Or whatever that would not only be able to see them, but exploit their weaknesses (4 rounds of lag coming out of duo + probably being slowed) in a way that puts them on the defensive.

The-meFri 07-Jul-17 10:56 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#68555, "So like Mark Target?"
In response to Reply #24

Does aoe bring them out no?

TacFri 07-Jul-17 11:01 AM
2050 posts
#68556, "Mark assumes you've already caught them out of duo..."
In response to Reply #25

And got a command off, which is generally not where muter shines.

I don't believe AOE brings them out in the general case, but I haven't played a muter myself. I know when I had the warrior legacy that lets you target by number I could see muters, but couldn't do anything to actually engage them in combat while they were duo, including wingsweep.

The-meFri 07-Jul-17 11:16 AM
Member since 14th Jun 2011
333 posts
#68557, "Aoe used to bring them out - along with the lag it bala..."
In response to Reply #26

Unless I misremember

JormyrFri 07-Jul-17 08:13 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#68570, "Reveal/faerie fog spells did."
In response to Reply #27

I don't believe overall AoE did, but I could be wrong.

Honestly, I've been in a general agreement that SOMEWHERE in the stealth/cherry-picking/escape factors of transmuters there's a little much. I don't think it's in straight "power", though, just their ability to select what they've involved in vs. now. I know there are others that disagree with me, too. Part of why I keep intending to remove transmuter from the list of classes I haven't played (Just them, shaman, bard, and healer left).

In the case of this discussion, I'm not certain if everyone's aware, but I believe there was a slight tweak that a transmuter can no longer be both chameleon'd and duo'd at the same time. It's only a *SLIGHT* detriment, but at least there's a small window of being visible (in particular on who), as opposed to being able to be concealed from 99% of the mud for hours on end.

TacFri 07-Jul-17 08:31 PM
2050 posts
#68572, "Some ideas..."
In response to Reply #29

Give duo a cooldown, so that it can only be used 1 out of every 2 hours (or whatever). I mean conjies are sooo easy to play they have to have giant cooldowns, so why not muters? It would have the added benefit of making duo be used either offensively or defensively, since you couldn't both get the jump on people with it, and escape with it in the same fight.

Allow people with detect invis to see a muter X% of the time, and allow them to attack and bring them out of duo.

Chamo and duo being mutually incompatible makes very little IC sense, and is really a matter of 2-4 rounds of "visibility" over pretty long periods of time...

I don't know if muter can eat/drink while duo, but there is probably something like with assassins where manipulating stuff causes you to come out.

I should also probably play a muter, but I'm not sure what I'd learn other than I'm not patient enough to cherry pick this many kills... Mostly because it is boring as ####.

KstatidaMon 10-Jul-17 06:41 AM
2214 posts
#68590, "This"
In response to Reply #31

Once you leave duo, you have 1 tick cooldown to jump back. This would solve SO many things about muters w/o nerfing them to oblivion.

SaagkriFri 07-Jul-17 10:54 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#68575, "A huge boon to muters was..."
In response to Reply #29

At some point muters gained the ability to do a 'where' while duo. I know it doesn't always work, but you just spam it until it does. Last time I played a serious muter, you could not do a 'where' at all while duo. I'm not sure why the change was made, but it allows them to hunt and never risk coming vis. If they lost that one perk, it would be a very different ballgame. Like the days of old, if you wanted to see if your victim was in an area, vis....lag....where, c duo.

TMNSFri 07-Jul-17 05:26 PM
2670 posts
#68568, "Invokers and Air forms."
In response to Reply #24

Invokers can set stuff like conglaciation and pit which I think brings muters out of duo if they take damage (I could be mistaken).

Also, pretty sure there are at least 2 air forms that can see duo'd muters.

TacFri 07-Jul-17 08:25 PM
2050 posts
#68571, "How does that help against level sitting muter?"
In response to Reply #28

Also seeing a muter is considerably different from being able to do something about it. I don't know about you, but generally speaking I don't tend to open fights with faerie fog if I intend to actually kill the other person, which is what an air form would be doing.

Invoker just sits in one spot, waiting for a muter to be dumb/unlucky, which isn't the same as being on the offensive.

TMNSFri 07-Jul-17 09:16 PM
2670 posts
#68573, "Dude, killing muters for some classes is super easy."
In response to Reply #30

For other classes, super hard.

It is what it is.

To whit, http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=4&topic_id=62981&mesg_id=63010&page= and http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=19865&mesg_id=19881&page=

DemosSun 09-Jul-17 12:02 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#68580, "That edge list tho "
In response to Reply #32

Also Wtf happened in the temple of divine lol

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sun 09-Jul-17 12:34 AM
Charter member
#68581, "RE: Dude, killing muters for some classes is super easy..."
In response to Reply #32

Vhergruhl never actually killed Llorenz. Just sayin'.

TMNSSun 09-Jul-17 05:25 AM
2670 posts
#68582, "1) His PK Death list was incomplete (it wasn't on origi..."
In response to Reply #37

2) He never killed me either (well...think he got me once in a 3 on 1 but yeah)

3) He went 200-10. And basically said I was the only warrior who made him run. To me, that affords me a bit of "street cred" when I am talking about fighting transmuters.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Sun 09-Jul-17 08:55 AM
Charter member
#68585, "RE: 1) His PK Death list was incomplete (it wasn't on o..."
In response to Reply #38

You specifically said that, for some classes, killing transmuters is easy, then gave your experience with Llorenz as an example. I just pointed out that you never actually killed him, so maybe it's not as easy as you make it out to be.

If you'd said, "It's easy to survive transmuter fights with some classes and to make them run 9 times out of 10" then I wouldn't have said anything.

TMNSSun 09-Jul-17 01:17 PM
2670 posts
#68587, "That char was my first dagger spec ever."
In response to Reply #41

I'm pretty sure I could do a better one now.

TMNSSun 09-Jul-17 01:17 PM
2670 posts
#68588, "Did you IMM btw? NT"
In response to Reply #41

NT

laxmanSun 09-Jul-17 05:29 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68589, "I fought Lorenz a lot"
In response to Reply #41

I think his gear insta killed me once (iOun stone mental thing). I was a village ace spec and he was easy to beat until he got the no disarm staff from silent tower (maybe that was what did the pyscic assault). Even after it was always draws, and only because he had despoil, which isn't a thing anymore.

Hot tip, if you disarm a muter as anyone with dual wield and at least third attack they go down fast.

TMNSFri 07-Jul-17 09:21 PM
2670 posts
#68574, "Seperate post detailing muter PK strategy."
In response to Reply #30
Edited on Fri 07-Jul-17 09:26 PM

So, the most important thing you can possibly do to kill a muter is get his ####ing staff out of his ####ing hands.

Like all mages, even hasted and you slow, he'll die like a bitch without a weapon.

So any strong maledicting class combos are going to be hella dangerous for a muter, especially classes like Warrior (dagger spec)/ Druid/Shaman/Necro/AP who can drain their mana/regen.

That being said, classes like ranger/thief/orc (assuming noremove staff)/bard*/paladin/shifter/invoker (assuming no needle mals + immolation)/conjurer*/healer** are pretty much meat for a transmuter who knows what they are doing.

*Edited to add: These opponents play slightly different in PK, in that with conjurers you often go ALL DAMAGE and with bards you can use spells that drop their charisma and potentially prevent them from singing.

**Second edit: Healer is meat because YOU have so many tools to drain his mana. And a healer without mana is a dead ####ing healer. Paladin is SLIGHTLY similar if you find yourself unable to match them in melee. As is any insanely geared invoker/shifter. FWIW Healer is the one class I'd keep a nice exotic (or poisonous dagger) on hand for because of options with maledicting wands.

TacSat 08-Jul-17 07:25 AM
2050 posts
#68576, "You are confusing the issue. It isn't about killing th..."
In response to Reply #33

It is about *hunting* a muter. Which you can't do in any reasonable capacity that I'm aware of. I believe I had an archer cave ranger briefly during Jahku's time that could see him in caves and see him in chamo, so in theory he could be hunted, but in practice even that character didn't see Jahku 90+% of the time and couldn't track him reasonably because duo works everywhere... Also I couldn't attack him directly even when I could see him... Just eat violet roots and hope.

TMNSSun 09-Jul-17 05:27 AM
2670 posts
#68583, "Set traps."
In response to Reply #35

You can't always hunt people in the traditional sense.

You gotta out think him. Make him think he's hunting you, but you're actually drawing him in close to put himself in a situation where you can take away some of his advantages.

TacSun 09-Jul-17 08:36 AM
2050 posts
#68584, "That is true for any given char vs char..."
In response to Reply #39

but nothing hunts muters. They are immune, as far as I can tell, from PK's that aren't 100% their choice to engage in (or a mistake).

Beront (Anonymous)Sun 09-Jul-17 11:56 AM
Charter member
#68586, "There is the simple solution to that"
In response to Reply #40
Edited on Sun 09-Jul-17 11:57 AM

Nerf the lag on transmuters like you nerfed the lag on assassins, fire giant warriors at level 15 etc. Aka, no permalag till level 51 - problem solved.

But no, we have other things to #### with.

PS: No, I've never died to Jakhu or his incarnations. If you are smart enough to wear -paralize eq - you'll be ok and he'll never face you after that.

BemusedTue 04-Jul-17 08:14 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
#68468, "It's about player skill (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

gr

TMNSWed 05-Jul-17 01:56 AM
2670 posts
#68474, "Not really...it's like yeah all classes are guns..."
In response to Reply #6

But certain classes are pistols (yeah you can still kill people) and other classes are AKs (you can kill LOTS of people).

1 or 2 classes is an RPG by the way. Transmuter is one of them.

MurphyWed 05-Jul-17 02:43 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68475, "Hey Same. Ever kill a man with a sock?"
In response to Reply #7

It ain't so hard. Hiya!

QuixoticWed 05-Jul-17 08:22 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68477, "Anklet or knee socks?"
In response to Reply #8

You can do it with both, but the long knee socks give you more options.

MurphyWed 05-Jul-17 10:09 AM
1639 posts
#68480, "Do I have to explain every quote I make?"
In response to Reply #9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--YUTnA05ZU

KstatidaWed 05-Jul-17 12:10 PM
2214 posts
#68481, "That's your destiny"
In response to Reply #10

Explaining your whatever

TMNSWed 05-Jul-17 05:42 PM
2670 posts
#68493, "No but I have killed 3 people with a ####ing pencil."
In response to Reply #8

A ####ING PENCIL.

BABAYAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

SaagkriWed 05-Jul-17 08:55 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#68498, "The same pencil?! nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

QuixoticWed 05-Jul-17 10:18 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
830 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68502, "Don't ever steal this man's car or kill his puppy. NT"
In response to Reply #12

nt

KstatidaTue 04-Jul-17 06:50 AM
2214 posts
#68464, "It's not about outlander"
In response to Reply #0

It's about transmuter

MurphyTue 04-Jul-17 12:22 AM
1639 posts
#68463, "No."
In response to Reply #0

They already can't duo and camo at the same time.

No n/t (Anonymous)Tue 04-Jul-17 12:16 AM
Charter member
#68462, "No n/t"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 04-Jul-17 12:16 AM

nt

laxmanTue 04-Jul-17 12:02 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#68461, "No. N/t"
In response to Reply #0

Nt

LhydiaMon 03-Jul-17 08:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
#68459, "No. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68458 Previous topic | Next topic