Subject: "Divine flagged gear." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67164
Show all folders

HonestpaladinTue 21-Feb-17 07:12 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2017
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67164, "Divine flagged gear."

Can ragers use "divine" flagged gear? since its not flagged magical and is given back to you for use when given to Tahren.

You give a ring bearing the seal of Telenius to Tahren the Noldarian Smith of Battle.
Tahren inspects a ring bearing the seal of Telenius closely, snorts, then hands it back to you.
Tahren the Noldarian Smith of Battle says to you 'Not a bit of the taint on that, Rumuruk. Might be better off using it to kill mages.'

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's not easy to tell when you're an applicant, but.., Kalageadon, 23-Feb-17 04:06 PM, #9
Reply No. n/t, Lhydia, 23-Feb-17 04:26 PM, #10
     Reply Well, what about this?, Kalageadon, 26-Feb-17 11:20 AM, #11
          Reply Ragers can't be priests. n/t, Lhydia, 26-Feb-17 05:25 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Well, what about this?, Destuvius, 26-Feb-17 06:18 PM, #13
               Reply Last one then..., Kalageadon, 27-Feb-17 03:37 PM, #15
               Reply Agree to disagree, Destuvius, 27-Feb-17 03:46 PM, #16
               Reply I don't think everyone feels this way., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 26-Nov-20 01:44 PM, #17
Reply Depends on mortal/Immortal leadership views., TMNS, 21-Feb-17 09:12 PM, #2
Reply If Tahren says its okay..., Lhydia, 21-Feb-17 09:11 PM, #1
     Reply RE: If Tahren says its okay..., incognito, 22-Feb-17 02:14 AM, #3
          Reply They're demon-face, not demon, Kstatida, 22-Feb-17 04:15 AM, #4
          Reply Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. , Lhydia, 22-Feb-17 06:24 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. , incognito, 22-Feb-17 04:12 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. , Java, 22-Feb-17 04:18 PM, #7
                    Reply If it doesn't have a red flag and you can wear it, it's..., TMNS, 22-Feb-17 06:44 PM, #8
                    Reply If I'm in a war,, ice king, 26-Feb-17 06:19 PM, #14

KalageadonThu 23-Feb-17 04:06 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67174, "It's not easy to tell when you're an applicant, but.."
In response to Reply #0

I'm fairly certain items like this one or healing weapons, etc, will be affected by spellbane.

LhydiaThu 23-Feb-17 04:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
#67175, "No. n/t"
In response to Reply #9

gr

KalageadonSun 26-Feb-17 11:20 AM
1040 posts
#67182, "Well, what about this?"
In response to Reply #10

3. Priests are to be tolerated, for they are empowered by the gods, but they are not gods themselves. ***"Their powers"*** should not be embraced anywhere other than the shrine of your deity.

IF none of the healing items are affected by spellbane, then that must mean that there's a commune since it's a "divine" item. And, as such, they should fall under the 3rd commandment of the Village Tablet.

LhydiaSun 26-Feb-17 05:25 PM
2379 posts
#67184, "Ragers can't be priests. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

gr

DestuviusSun 26-Feb-17 06:18 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#67185, "RE: Well, what about this?"
In response to Reply #11

This commandment cares about PC's not objects. Now, if a Commander opted to push it to include objects, I don't think anyone would view it as "crazy" but its certainly not included by default.

KalageadonMon 27-Feb-17 03:37 PM
1040 posts
#67189, "Last one then..."
In response to Reply #13

The fourth commandment speaks of more than just the priests directly and more to the point anything magical.

4. It is forbidden to beseech or manipulate any form of magic other than that expressly mentioned above. To do so is to mock the gods and a blasphemy of your combat prowess.

So, as I see it, unless the echo is some form of inspiration *non-divine* and it passes spellbane, then and only then would it not fall into the "any form of magic". I haven't played in many months so I forget the echos.

DestuviusMon 27-Feb-17 03:46 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#67190, "Agree to disagree"
In response to Reply #15

If you get Commander and want to run it your way, no one will stop you. But its not something that is even on the radar of the staff as a "problem" that needs to be fixed. Like people have pointed out, things that we felt needed to be changed to be magic etc have been.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 26-Nov-20 01:44 PM
Charter member
#74380, "I don't think everyone feels this way."
In response to Reply #13

I've been uninducted for wearing non-magical progging gear twice. Once by Thror and once by a Drillmaster.

I bet if you polled people. You'd get more people that say you'll get uninducted than not.

TMNSTue 21-Feb-17 09:12 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67167, "Depends on mortal/Immortal leadership views."
In response to Reply #0

Nothing mechanically against the rules in wearing it.

LhydiaTue 21-Feb-17 09:11 PM
2379 posts
#67166, "If Tahren says its okay..."
In response to Reply #0

..RP wise you have no reason not to use it. They went through the entire mud with a fine tooth comb and left all the gear they wanted to leave.

Tahren is the authority.

F anyone who says otherwise or change the items.

incognitoWed 22-Feb-17 02:14 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67168, "RE: If Tahren says its okay..."
In response to Reply #1

I bet your fortress characters are happy to wear demon talismans too?

KstatidaWed 22-Feb-17 04:15 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67169, "They're demon-face, not demon"
In response to Reply #3

Like the wyverns on Notre Dame de Paris.

LhydiaWed 22-Feb-17 06:24 AM
2379 posts
#67170, "Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. "
In response to Reply #3

Once a Paladin purifies them they have no evil on them. In fact there is code in place where a Fortress character can't possibly wear anything that is flagged evil.

Then you wear them briefly to remove cursed weapons.

And guess what? If they were super evil they'd be impossible to cleanse OR they'd be flagged anti-good.

Get a life Valg.

incognitoWed 22-Feb-17 04:12 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67171, "RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. "
In response to Reply #5

A swastika isn't evil per se, but most people wouldn't wear one because of what it represents.

JavaWed 22-Feb-17 04:18 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#67172, "RE: Sure. You just get a Paladin to purify them. "
In response to Reply #6

"I keep it close as a reminder that even the most evil thing can be purified by the power of light, and find usefulness in service of the righteous."

Roleplay is a tricky thing. As long as you think of it from your characters perspective, there are a thousand ways to look at anything.

I can easily see a sphere Purity character that wouldn't wear them and would judge anyone that did (I've played more than one or two). But I could also see someone another good character that wasn't so strict making use of anything that benefited the good, without placing much stock in pointless decorations.

Nothing inherently wrong with a Good character using those. Nothing wrong with a Maran/Acolyte using them (if they've been purified), as long as it can be explained in an IC way.

TMNSWed 22-Feb-17 06:44 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#67173, "If it doesn't have a red flag and you can wear it, it's..."
In response to Reply #7

That's the default.

As you said, there are some roles in Fort that would frown on that behavior, and I'm cool with that. There should be some wiggle-room and/or nuance in situations like this.

ice kingSun 26-Feb-17 06:19 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2016
162 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67186, "If I'm in a war,"
In response to Reply #6

and the outcome of the war will decide if me and my family live, and wearing a swastika will increase my chances of winning... I'll be wearing as many as physically possible AND THEN SOME MORE.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #67164 Previous topic | Next topic