Subject: "Wait wait wait imps, I thought we discussed that long t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63055
Show all folders

mharlndarnMon 21-Mar-16 03:37 PM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63055, "Wait wait wait imps, I thought we discussed that long time ago."

c ident potion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a flecked potion can be referred to as 'potion flecked'.
It is worth 5000 copper, and is of the 35th level of power.
It is a potion.
It is made of glass and weighs 1 pounds 0 ounces.
Within it is contained level 30 spells of
'haste'
A magical aura surrounds it.

I remember the ####storm when you removed haste potions from the game. AND you said that you will not RETURN it in the game again.

Now I see this on qhcf. Please, clarify this for us.

PS: Just a story about ingame balace, long long time ago, I asked imms, why w-elfs can't see assassins and thiefs in the wilds. They said - by design..Then, one day, one person decided to play w-elf builds and suddenly they changed w/elf acute vision. I just hope its not that person placed that potion in the game or his well-known friends.

PSS: Yes, yes, thats why we can't have cool things in the game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Wait wait wait imps, I thought we discussed that lo..., Umiron, 21-Mar-16 04:37 PM, #7
Reply As the guy who posted that let me just say, KaguMaru, 21-Mar-16 03:50 PM, #1
     Reply You just missed the ####storm discussion, mharlndarn, 21-Mar-16 03:56 PM, #2
          Reply You can still get haste from pill boxes nemesis. , TMNS, 21-Mar-16 04:02 PM, #3
          Reply Bingo. n/t, mharlndarn, 21-Mar-16 04:03 PM, #5
          Reply Again I doubt this is a re-implementation, KaguMaru, 21-Mar-16 04:04 PM, #6
          Reply I highly doubt it was 'put back', KaguMaru, 21-Mar-16 04:02 PM, #4

UmironMon 21-Mar-16 04:37 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63064, "RE: Wait wait wait imps, I thought we discussed that lo..."
In response to Reply #0

If it matters, this is/was news to me and I have no idea when the potion was put in, changed, etc.

But, having looked into it now, I'm not concerned. That's all I have to say.

KaguMaruMon 21-Mar-16 03:50 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63056, "As the guy who posted that let me just say"
In response to Reply #0

Nobody is gathering that again. I gave it to a character who could use it, and they're going to be hasted once and then it's going to be back to normal.

I was just stoked that the thing exists. Even now that I've discovered it, I can say with confidence that even if I play a build that wants it, I'm not going to regather it.

I posted that log so people would make a fuss and so perhaps an avid prep-hunter could waste their time trying to track it down but don't give the imms #### about it. Given how unlikely it is that this thing ever pops again there's no reason to take it out. In fact given the work required to have a chance of finding it, it may as well already not exist.

mharlndarnMon 21-Mar-16 03:56 PM
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63057, "You just missed the ####storm discussion"
In response to Reply #1

about haste potions many years ago.

Now somebody created it again in the mud without any discussion. Wait, it doesn't break game balance anymore? Why don't we see it on the change_log board? Interesting.

PS: And trust me, there is no work requried for imms chars to find that potion. Simply - zero work requried.

TMNSMon 21-Mar-16 04:02 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63058, "You can still get haste from pill boxes nemesis. "
In response to Reply #2

So it's not like they straight up removed it.

But yeah, I agree that it would be nice if the IMMs decide something is OP and remove it, they probably should tell us if they decide to re-implement it.

mharlndarnMon 21-Mar-16 04:03 PM
195 posts
#63060, "Bingo. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

n/t

KaguMaruMon 21-Mar-16 04:04 PM
805 posts
#63062, "Again I doubt this is a re-implementation"
In response to Reply #3

It seems more likely that it was simply never removed. As I say it's so dreadfully obscure the most likely scenario is that it simply hadn't been found in the interceding years.

KaguMaruMon 21-Mar-16 04:02 PM
805 posts
#63059, "I highly doubt it was 'put back'"
In response to Reply #2

It's just so incredibly obscure that there would have been no need to remove it.

I would not be very surprised if it turned out I was the only player who's ever gathered it, and would be less surprised if it never gets gathered again.

Like I say, even now that I know about it, if I were to play a build who wanted that potion I can't see myself ever going through the steps needed to acquire it.

Seriously, it's not something to worry about. I'll bet good money you'll never fight anyone prepped with this item, imm-played or otherwise.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63055 Previous topic | Next topic