Subject: "18 attempts to truss..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #610
Show all folders

MenciusTue 01-Apr-03 11:05 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#610, "18 attempts to truss..."

I have a binding thief up to level 40. I have bindlegs and bindhands at 95% and 93% and truss at 89%. I was walking around trying to truss up some mobs to try sleeping disarm and practice it a bit. Well, it took me 18 mobs before I finally got one trussed and sleeping. I even missed truss 10 times in a row on one mob. And,of course he woke up before I finally got truss on him and could not sleeping disarm it. WTF? Is binding supposed to be next to impossible to get? If you miss a bind hands or a bind legs you cannot even try it again. Must I get bind hands and bind legs to 100% first? Both of those are VERY VERY slow and hard to learn and I have been practicing alot to get them up to where they are. Just getting a little frustrated with the whole binding thing...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SabieneTue 01-Apr-03 06:51 PM
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#617, "RE: 18 attempts to truss..."
In response to Reply #0

>I have a binding thief up to level 40. I have bindlegs and
>bindhands at 95% and 93% and truss at 89%. I was walking
>around trying to truss up some mobs to try sleeping disarm and
>practice it a bit. Well, it took me 18 mobs before I finally
>got one trussed and sleeping. I even missed truss 10 times in
>a row on one mob. And,of course he woke up before I finally
>got truss on him and could not sleeping disarm it. WTF? Is
>binding supposed to be next to impossible to get? If you miss
>a bind hands or a bind legs you cannot even try it again.

On a normal jack, you usually get a second try, but you have to wait for it and you won't have much time left to truss. Risky, but hey, that's the life of a rogue, eh?

>Must I get bind hands and bind legs to 100% first? Both of
>those are VERY VERY slow and hard to learn and I have been
>practicing alot to get them up to where they are. Just
>getting a little frustrated with the whole binding thing...

Bindings are very frustrating, but really only because of one reason: bind hands and bind legs fail WAY too much. My thinking is that this is because of the fact that bindings, as a path, are insanely powerful, and the imms haven't figured out a better way of balancing them yet. IMHO it's likely this will be tweaked once other things are set somehow. It is unfortunate that as things stand, the power, insane or not, is severely hobbled. Now, for the good news...

You can practice sleeping disarm on any sleeping and wielding mob, they'll just wake up every time you try, fail or not. Fortunately, the skill overall is pretty reliable, unlike the bindings, and is a skill I am very fond of. It's a very viable tactic to sleeping disarm someone even when they're not trussed, especially if it leaves them unarmed. Just be careful of what they can still do while you're lagged. Also, blindfold and gag are pretty reliable, gag especially is incredibly useful in the right situations.

I know that it may seem lame to have to just make the best of the non-rope related skills in the path, but they're pretty good honestly.

MenciusWed 02-Apr-03 10:50 AM
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#619, "RE: 18 attempts to truss..."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, I guess I will, just feel stupid for going all the way to drag when there is a 1 in 10k chance of me ever actually being able to drag someone. *mutter*

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #610 Previous topic | Next topic