Subject: "Daunting Presence" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57464
Show all folders

ArtificialMon 22-Dec-14 03:21 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57464, "Daunting Presence"

According to Zannon, he never was able to take daunting presence despite 200 pks.

What are the requirements for this edge?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Daunting Presence, Umiron, 22-Dec-14 03:48 PM, #1
     Reply Clarification please? :), Sarien, 22-Dec-14 03:55 PM, #2
     Reply It's stuff like that tht annoys me, but thanks for clar..., lasentia, 22-Dec-14 04:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Daunting Presence, Artificial, 22-Dec-14 07:52 PM, #4
     Reply So its probably about like Murderous Rep for conjies?, Dangersinger (Anonymous), 03-Jan-15 01:45 AM, #5
     Reply How many is very many PKs?, Murphy, 03-Jan-15 02:50 AM, #6

UmironMon 22-Dec-14 03:46 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57465, "RE: Daunting Presence"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 22-Dec-14 03:48 PM

> What are the requirements for this edge?

There are stat and skill/song requirements that should be pretty easy to figure out in-game. The tricky one is the PKs prerequisite which involves having a handful of PKs in the levels prior to when Grand Nocturne becomes available.

EDIT: Person on Dio's is way (way!) off on their numbers. You don't need very many PKs to take this edge, you just need them at the right time(s).

SarienMon 22-Dec-14 03:55 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57466, "Clarification please? :)"
In response to Reply #1

"The tricky one is the PKs prerequisite which involves having a handful of PKs in the levels prior to when Grand Nocturne becomes available."

How many, and when? I don't mean to be a dink but sometimes not being vague is awesome

lasentiaMon 22-Dec-14 04:56 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57468, "It's stuff like that tht annoys me, but thanks for clar..."
In response to Reply #2

'DAUNTING PRESENCE' (1300)
All successful bards have a strong charm and sense of the theatric, enabling them to evoke a sense of awe or dread. However, independent of this, some bards are people worthy of genuine fear, able to kill and maim a hundred different ways with the power of their voice alone. For these bards, their theatrical ability magnifies the seeds of hesitation or trepidation in an enemy's mind a hundredfold, causing even those who despise them to occasionally lose their nerve for a moment and fail to attack them. While such hesitation is rare in a seasoned adventurer, it can easily save the bard's life.

For this ability to work, the victim must be able to both see and hear the bard; it works better as the victim's morale falls or fear grows.

Pks across levels, yeah, that's a tough thing to figure out that I
never would have guessed or had reason to guess. Does it have to be different methods of KBs too?

Thanks for supplying the info Umi, wish I had asked before I played my last PK caring bard. My assumption, as are most player ones, was incorrect.

ArtificialMon 22-Dec-14 07:52 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#57470, "RE: Daunting Presence"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 22-Dec-14 07:52 PM

Welp, wish I hadn't asked, because I would have gotten them. Damn, now there might be more bards. Oh well.

Really appreciate the answer.

Dangersinger (Anonymous)Sat 03-Jan-15 01:45 AM
Charter member
#57572, "So its probably about like Murderous Rep for conjies?"
In response to Reply #1

Just trying to get a gauge here of what you meant.

Is it something that if you killed a couple dozen people in the low ranges you can count on probably having when you rank up? Murderous reputation for conjurers isn't an unreasonable amount, was guessing something like that maybe?

MurphySat 03-Jan-15 02:50 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57573, "How many is very many PKs?"
In response to Reply #1

I feel like the considerations of what is "many" are way off.

50 PK wins is badass PK monster to me. "Significant history of violence" sounds like 10-15 PK wins.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57464 Previous topic | Next topic