Subject: "Thoughts on removing sneak/hide spam practice" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54945
Show all folders

enyuuSat 26-Apr-14 12:31 PM
Member since 15th Apr 2005
155 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54945, "Thoughts on removing sneak/hide spam practice"

I know there will be some people here who enjoy spamming sneak and hide at level 4 so they can set triggers and run their client in the background for an hour while they browse the "Best set of equipment" section in the priem graveyard for a quick fap.

Personally, I dont think sneaky classes are "playable" without having a reliable sneak/hide. (Yes, I know technically even a necromancer with a blank spell list is playable, but lets be reasonable)

I think CF would benefit from handing out these skills at 100% with very little work behind the code changes, and little to no impact on the balance of the game.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on the subject. Happy gaming!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoSat 26-Apr-14 05:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54947, "RE: Thoughts on removing sneak/hide spam practice"
In response to Reply #0

It wouldn't be unreasonable, since all but newbs perfect these straight away. The one side-effect is that you'd lose the experience from the skill improvements. Also, you might find that felar (say) don't use 2 practices on each skill. Neither of these is a big issue though so I don't see why one wouldn't do this (and same for camo).

The nasty alternative would be to make them harder to improve in (e.g. put a timer on how often they can be improved, but then up the likelihood of improvement), so spam becomes something that you wouldn't necessarily do.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54945 Previous topic | Next topic