Subject: "Informal poll: marketing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52341
Show all folders

ValkenarWed 16-Oct-13 07:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52341, "Informal poll: marketing"

If I were to solicit donations to advertise CF, how much would anyone be willing to chip in?

Someone talked about something like this a few years ago but it died for various reasons. If I do this, it won't be fancy, it'll just me buying ads for CF, and I have no marketing experience. Adjust your pledges accordingly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TsunamiWed 16-Oct-13 08:29 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52347, "It's no use..."
In response to Reply #0

throwing money at it won't work, imo.

This situation requires people beating the bushes so to speak. Folks actively going to the forums of other games and talking about CF. Either as a straight up "Hey, everyone go check out this game!" or as two people pretending to engage in conversation ABOUT the game to pique the interest of others, making them ask questions.

Talk about it on your Tweeter accounts and your FacialBooks too. Unless you are too cowardly to admit your nerdship to the general public.

TacThu 17-Oct-13 08:12 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#52376, "I don't think it is a question of money..."
In response to Reply #1

It is a question of, "Why would a person who has never played a MUD before, in the world of today, want to start playing a MUD?"

We can think of a million reasons not to play, but the real trick is finding that hook. Why would someone want to play? Promoting the crap out of *that* thing. And then you get people who come bought into the idea of why they would play such a game in this day and age.

http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action.html

It isn't What the game is, or How it works, buy Why you play it that matters.

TsunamiThu 17-Oct-13 09:03 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#52393, "That's my point"
In response to Reply #2

Target the crowds of people who WOULD play the game. Other mud forums, "classic" game/rpg forums, table top focused forums, etc.

TacThu 17-Oct-13 09:43 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#52396, "Perhaps, but you've missed mine..."
In response to Reply #3

Finding people who would already play the game is good. Getting people to understand why *they* would play this kind of game is better. Doesn't matter if they already have the interest. Spark the interest.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52341 Previous topic | Next topic