Subject: "Fluid Deceptions Suggestion: Stacking Feints" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #521
Show all folders

AidanWed 26-Mar-03 04:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#521, "Fluid Deceptions Suggestion: Stacking Feints"

As it stands now:

--------------------------------------------------------------

You make a successful feint to mislead a storm giant commander.
A storm giant commander is covered with bleeding wounds.

feint
They are already being misled.
A storm giant commander is covered with bleeding wounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This can be annoying to say the least. When one attempts a strategy of feint-spamming, it's rudely interrupted. At this point you may consider it a point of conveniance for myself, only, but there is a logical precedent for my stance.

When a fluid deceptions double-feint occurs, the affect carries over until the next round should the enemy only get one attack in the following round. In essence, the feints are stacking in the case of a double-feint, wheras when a manual double-feint is attempted (as illustrated in the above log) the command is not allowed.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DwEWed 26-Mar-03 08:22 PM
358 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#522, "RE: Fluid Deceptions Suggestion: Stacking Feints"
In response to Reply #0

>When a fluid deceptions double-feint occurs, the affect
>carries over until the next round should the enemy only get
>one attack in the following round. In essence, the feints are
>stacking in the case of a double-feint, wheras when a manual
>double-feint is attempted (as illustrated in the above log)
>the command is not allowed.

Which is a benefit of the legacy.

AidanThu 27-Mar-03 01:00 AM
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#523, "..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 27-Mar-03 01:03 AM

The double feints carrying over from previous rounds is a benefit of the legacy.

The auto-feints making mid-round feints impossible is not a benefit of the legacy. It is a(n) (inadvertently) detrimental affect of the legacy's mechanics.

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear. Your reply seemed to indicate you were confused.

Edit: I may have found the sourc of confusion. That first feint is an automatic result of the legacy, and happened in the middle of the round.

The feint for which the command appears is an inputted command, which could not go through due to the automatic affect.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #521 Previous topic | Next topic