Subject: "A little idea about centaurs." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49123
Show all folders

ShapaTue 12-Mar-13 12:11 PM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49123, "A little idea about centaurs."

What about giving centaurs something like detect secret passage, but only in the wilds?

I saw at least one new secret passage (at least it's new for me) in the wilderness area where big centaur npc stands and wears full set of armors for centaurs.

So it could help centaurs to find such npc's centaurs. Overall it doesn't look too powerful and they are wild creatures by nature so they know wilds well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: A little idea about centaurs., Scarabaeus, 14-Mar-13 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply RE: A little idea about centaurs., Mek, 14-Mar-13 04:05 PM, #2
     Reply SOCRATES! NT, TMNS, 14-Mar-13 04:17 PM, #3
     Reply RE: A little idea about centaurs., Shapa, 14-Mar-13 06:54 PM, #4
          Reply RE: A little idea about centaurs., Nythos (Anonymous), 14-Mar-13 07:52 PM, #5
               Reply Horse tails aren't like cat tails, Valkenar, 15-Mar-13 10:03 AM, #6
                    Reply Horse hooves aren't like bovine hooves either., Straklaw, 15-Mar-13 05:48 PM, #7

ScarabaeusThu 14-Mar-13 11:20 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49130, "RE: A little idea about centaurs."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 14-Mar-13 11:23 AM

I wouldn't be opposed to helping PC centaurs find NPC centaurs in a more limited manner. Rather than making all wilderness secret passages visible to centaurs, I might be willing to prog something that cues a PC centaur that they might want to do some investigating in a specific place.

(EDIT: Although, that said, there really isn't much of that going on. The main issue is that centaurs live in remote places, largely away from the civilized world. Sometimes they are going to be somewhat difficult to locate.)

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

MekThu 14-Mar-13 04:05 PM
Member since 20th Jun 2011
47 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49136, "RE: A little idea about centaurs."
In response to Reply #1

Scarabaeus:
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Rufus!

TMNSThu 14-Mar-13 04:17 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#49137, "SOCRATES! NT"
In response to Reply #2

NT

ShapaThu 14-Mar-13 06:53 PM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49139, "RE: A little idea about centaurs."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 14-Mar-13 06:54 PM

It's like .... all dwarves and duergars know where is the big mad dwarf with the full set of good dwarven eq. All gnomes know where to go for the full set of the things which are only usable by gnomes.

Though it would be much better if there was also another centaur npc for the people of midlle levels.

However if people want to find some special things like the mark of centaur crusaders, then they would have to travel somewhere deep into very dangerous place what is very far away from the common lands.

Edited: And only because centaurs are the seasonal race

Nythos (Anonymous)Thu 14-Mar-13 07:52 PM
Charter member
#49140, "RE: A little idea about centaurs."
In response to Reply #4

As the only centaur to actually stick around through the seasonal race period, I have to disagree with you about finding centaur equipment. I just made certain to "where centaur", "where horse", etc in each area I came across, and if I got a response, I spend the extra 5-10 minutes searching through the area to find the creature.

I feel you're speaking before you've really had enough time as a centaur, given there are at least three locations to find a basic outfit for the unique centaur spots, and offhand I recall three locations of *REALLY* nice centaur gear that's hidden away.

The only two complaints I would really have are that 90% of tail items have been flagged felar_only, which if centaur and minotaurs can share hoof-wear, I feel they can probably share most tail-wear with felars. Secondly, there wasn't really much for centaur belt, but given the exceptionally unique shaping of the area, it wasn't the end of the world (Though one or two of the ones I *did* find were *REALLY* nice).

Also, some of the various unique gear slots and seasonal races *HAVE* been kept in mind as we heroimms have been working on our areas. Hopefully as these become completed, it should help with the occassional gaps in gear.

ValkenarFri 15-Mar-13 10:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
#49142, "Horse tails aren't like cat tails"
In response to Reply #5

A solid ring that fits snugly on a fleshy tail would slip right off a tuft of hair. A horse tail is more like a beard or something.

StraklawFri 15-Mar-13 05:43 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#49143, "Horse hooves aren't like bovine hooves either."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Fri 15-Mar-13 05:48 PM

Something designed to fit a centaur or minotaur hoof *should* be nearly crippling to the other hooved player race. I mentioned this at one point, and was told it's that way for the sake of playability (and possibly coders not tearing people's heads off).

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49123 Previous topic | Next topic