Subject: "Weapon-based defense question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48417
Show all folders

ExitFri 11-Jan-13 11:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
121 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48417, "Weapon-based defense question"

Dear Daevryn,

For the last 10 years that I've played CF on-again and off-again, I've asked myself exactly what benefit the weight of a weapon and whether it was one-handed or two-handed has had on parry.

Example:
Fire giant sword spec with parry + flourintine wields two 3lb one-handed weapons. Will he parry better, worse, or indifferently if he switched to a pair of two-handed 35lb swords.

Corollary:
Said fire giant wields a 35lb. two-handed weapon in main hand, and a 3lb. one-handed weapon in off hand. Is his parrying better, worse, or the same if the wields were switched.

If you answer me this one question, I might have a normal night of sleep for the first time in ten years.

Dramatically yours,

Some Unnamed Dude

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynSat 12-Jan-13 12:13 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48418, "RE: Weapon-based defense question"
In response to Reply #0

One-handed vs. two-handed has no effect on parrying, assuming the same weapon type. That is, comparing one-handed sword to two-handed sword.

ExitSat 12-Jan-13 12:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
121 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48419, "RE: Weapon-based defense question"
In response to Reply #1

Good enough. I can rest in peace now. Cheers!

MekSat 12-Jan-13 12:27 AM
Member since 20th Jun 2011
47 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48420, "And weapon weight? -nt-"
In response to Reply #1

asf

DaevrynSat 12-Jan-13 01:14 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#48421, "RE: And weapon weight? -nt-"
In response to Reply #3

Don't think it's generally relevant, with exceptions being pretty obvious (e.g., if I'm a Trapping warrior, how heavy my weapons are making them harder to parry)

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48417 Previous topic | Next topic