Subject: "Who would I email a role to try and see if it is good e..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47267
Show all folders

Curious CFer. (Anonymous)Thu 27-Sep-12 09:19 PM
Charter member
#47267, "Who would I email a role to try and see if it is good enough for a different race/class than normal? nt"

nt

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You can start with me, Rayihn, 28-Sep-12 09:00 AM, #1
     Reply What!?!?!?!, Tac, 28-Sep-12 09:20 AM, #2
     Reply I assume that the duergar paladin thing was a joke., DurNominator, 28-Sep-12 09:59 AM, #3
     Reply Halfie conjurer, lasentia, 28-Sep-12 10:08 AM, #4
     Reply 21 int is just as good as 23 int? I beg to differ....n..., Tac, 28-Sep-12 11:54 AM, #6
          Reply as far as conjies go, yeah no real difference between 2..., laxman, 09-Jan-13 11:23 AM, #10
     Reply Nature vs. Magic, Tsunami, 28-Sep-12 11:09 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Nature vs. Magic, Illanthos, 08-Jan-13 04:25 PM, #9
     Reply Does alignment changed race qualify for this method of ..., mage, 08-Jan-13 11:12 AM, #7
     Reply I also have thought about seeking this. Look forward t..., orangepowered, 08-Jan-13 02:58 PM, #8
     Reply I recently sent you a role for consideration, conjurer1, 10-Jan-13 08:31 PM, #11

RayihnFri 28-Sep-12 09:00 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47269, "You can start with me"
In response to Reply #0

Usually I'll shop it around to other imms and get opinions on the idea, whether it's game breaking, if it's intended for some cabal run it past that imm, if it's religious I try and run it past that imm too.

Generally - try for something that isn't completely against the dogma of CF. IE, I've turned down several wood elf necro roles. Try not to make something that has the potential to be obnoxiously overpowered to deal with. Come up with a well-written role that justifies the change.

TacFri 28-Sep-12 09:20 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47270, "What!?!?!?!"
In response to Reply #1

My duergar paladin idea is totally awesome and wouldn't be overpowered at all!

I sort of understand wood elf necro, but would something that isn't a undeath mage be more palatable? I've had an idea for an OP wood-elf nexus conjie for a while*, but figured it would be bonked cause wood-elfs don't do magic for some reason.

(*) I absolutely hate that the "best" race for a conjie is a race with 20int. It also annoys me that there isn't a 25chr race.

DurNominatorFri 28-Sep-12 09:59 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47272, "I assume that the duergar paladin thing was a joke."
In response to Reply #2

Since it is obviously too much of a stretch as duergar are evil and paladin class is good only. I wholeheartedly support rejecting a duergar paladin idea.

Wood-elf conjurer is bit of a stretch, but less so than a necro. However, it is more of a stretch than non-defiler mage classes invoker, shapeshifter and transmuter. Shifter probably has the best chances for getting accepted. Not sure if I want to see a w-elf conji in the fields, but invoker, muter or shifter is not too much of a stretch in my opinion.

lasentiaFri 28-Sep-12 10:08 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47273, "Halfie conjurer"
In response to Reply #2

21 int 23 charisma, pretty much just as good as a wood elf, without as much of an xp penalty.

TacFri 28-Sep-12 11:54 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#47275, "21 int is just as good as 23 int? I beg to differ....n..."
In response to Reply #4

laxmanWed 09-Jan-13 11:23 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#48378, "as far as conjies go, yeah no real difference between 2..."
In response to Reply #6

The bigger concern on the wood elf would be the full iron vuln so really the halfie would be a superior mechanical choice. Conjurers do get shield block and parry but they still tend to face tank a lot.

TsunamiFri 28-Sep-12 11:09 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#47274, "Nature vs. Magic"
In response to Reply #2

The spheres of Nature and Magic are diametrically opposed in the world of Thera. Not necessarily that they hate each other or whatever, but they are opposites. Like Shadow/Light, War/Peace, and so on. My one battle rager was a wood-elf to try and acentuate that counterbalance, but I deleted early as always.

Wood-elves diverged from elves because they decided to focus more on nature than the arcane. High elves the opposite.

That's not to say there can't/shouldn't be wood-elf mages. That's just the reason there aren't any naturally choosable wood-elf mages.

IllanthosTue 08-Jan-13 04:25 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
#48362, "RE: Nature vs. Magic"
In response to Reply #5

>>The spheres of Nature and Magic are diametrically opposed in the world of Thera. Not necessarily that they hate each other or whatever, but they are opposites.

I've always contended that this was very much not the case, and that magic is an essential part of the land. Like any other element in excess, however, it can be damaging.

I've also wondered where the Nature vs Magic conceptual conflict left the Fae, who are of both worlds.

mageTue 08-Jan-13 11:12 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48353, "Does alignment changed race qualify for this method of ..."
In response to Reply #1

There have been a number of different role ideas I've had over the years that call for a typical race/class build, but with a different alignment. Can we email you with the role for a good/neutral duergar or drow, for example, and have the character start out as that alignment, rather than trying to change alignment later on?

Also, if someone emails you a well written role for a special consideration character, can you give a rough estimate on how long the player can expect to wait for a response, on average?

orangepoweredTue 08-Jan-13 02:58 PM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
347 posts
#48358, "I also have thought about seeking this. Look forward t..."
In response to Reply #7

(n/t)

conjurer1Thu 10-Jan-13 08:31 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2013
3 posts
#48400, "I recently sent you a role for consideration"
In response to Reply #1

So I'm also curious how long these things usually take. Just asking.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47267 Previous topic | Next topic