Subject: "Protip: Spam praying is never okay" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47017
Show all folders

ZulghinlourMon 27-Aug-12 09:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47017, "Protip: Spam praying is never okay"

I don't care whose religion has what number in it. If you spam pray, you're probably going to get denied.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay, Habitual Paladin (Anonymous), 28-Aug-12 08:04 PM, #7
Reply Spamming is repeatedly over the span of seconds., Straklaw, 28-Aug-12 08:56 PM, #8
Reply Guess we should be glad Whiysdan's magic number isn't 6..., Vladamir, 27-Aug-12 10:05 PM, #2
Reply RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay, Rayihn, 27-Aug-12 09:23 PM, #1
     Reply Woe to the thief, assassin, and ranger. nt, Tsunami, 28-Aug-12 12:52 AM, #3
     Reply I don't think that hide;camo;sneak spam counts for this..., DurNominator, 28-Aug-12 03:54 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay, Reksah, 28-Aug-12 09:58 AM, #5
     Reply No wonder you hate all of my characters. (~), vargal, 28-Aug-12 06:03 PM, #6

Habitual Paladin (Anonymous)Tue 28-Aug-12 08:04 PM
Charter member
#47027, "RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay"
In response to Reply #0

What do you define at Spam Praying? Like praying at eash loggin once for your god (Empowerment Reasons) considered spam praying?

StraklawTue 28-Aug-12 08:56 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47028, "Spamming is repeatedly over the span of seconds."
In response to Reply #7

HELP PRAY EXTRA gives a lot of good detail about this. Particularly point #2.

2. Now, you've sent up a pray. Wait for a response. You can go to sleep, we can send tells to sleeping people. If no one responds in a few minutes, then send up a second pray, but DON'T send up multiple prays at once, we will not like it. If still no one responds, then you can send up prays every couple of minutes as long as you want, until someone responds. If you have a very specific pray, though, then just write that immortal(s) a note about it. Yes, we do read our notes. If you think it's really urgent, then continue praying once every five minutes or so (if you feel like it) until someone logs on, but notes are a better way to catch someone if no one is on initially.

Also, an excerpt from HELP EMPOWERMENT:

In all of these instances, you must remember to be respectful of the gods. If you pray constantly (more frequently than every 15 minutes or so), you are only irritating the gods who are currently present. If you treat empowerment as if it is your right, you will also soon learn that empowerment must be earned. Finally, if you have no response from the god you are trying to gain audience with, post them a note about yourself. No other god will be able to answer your questions about empowerment.

Overall, I've generally gone with the "no more than once every 15 minutes" rule. The Immortals have ways to look for who's praying for them, particularly if you're including your name in the pray. I've found these days, the Immortals do tend to be pretty awesome about finding you if you need empowerment. Zulg's post is pretty much about typing "pray XYZABC" and hitting enter 20 times in a row.

VladamirMon 27-Aug-12 10:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#47019, "Guess we should be glad Whiysdan's magic number isn't 6..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

RayihnMon 27-Aug-12 09:23 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47018, "RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay"
In response to Reply #0

I kind of also equate this with spamming anything, # of drinks, etc. It's just poor form. And really annoying, and I swear when I start seeing it my "DENY THE SPAMMER!!!" reflexes kick in and I start typing deny charname without even really thinking about it.

TsunamiTue 28-Aug-12 12:52 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#47020, "Woe to the thief, assassin, and ranger. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

DurNominatorTue 28-Aug-12 03:54 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47021, "I don't think that hide;camo;sneak spam counts for this..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

ReksahTue 28-Aug-12 09:58 AM
Member since 30th Apr 2011
94 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47022, "RE: Protip: Spam praying is never okay"
In response to Reply #1

And for those of you that think we might be talking about you, I don't think the actual idea of doing something thirteen times is a bad thing. But the idea can oftentimes be conveyed a lot less obnoxiously with an emote such as "emote compulsively tips his hat thirteen times in greeting."

vargalTue 28-Aug-12 06:03 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47026, "No wonder you hate all of my characters. (~)"
In response to Reply #1

NT

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47017 Previous topic | Next topic