Subject: "Arcanes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #453
Show all folders

KalindarThu 20-Mar-03 03:18 AM
Member since 20th Mar 2003
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#453, "Arcanes"

Okay this isn't a bitch fest or anything by any means I just think theres something missing. Mayhaps more damage reduction or some damage spells that everything doesn't resist. I don't know what it is honestly but something about them is lacking it's like they arn't complete. I know this is a bad example but every other mage can take blows to an extent or has some uber damage reduction. For all those who play it i know you know what i'm talking about. I love the class it's my favorite one but there is just something funky about it. I just hope they get something new or get something changed but the things they have are fine they are just missing something maybe when they master duo and passdoor give them a phase spell to allow them to dodge things not quiet as good as a mongoose but dodge midrounds and normal hits. So they don't die in a round to a mob when not prepped. Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KarithiaThu 20-Mar-03 05:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#459, "RE: Arcanes"
In response to Reply #0

As someone who has played an Arcane for several hours, I found them to be fairly well balanced. However if you feel like they deserve something else, feel free to toss them up with some description of the powers and we will take a look at them. We might use them, we might not. We might modify them, we might not. But certainly don't be afraid to post useful ideas.

Karithia

KalindarThu 20-Mar-03 08:43 PM
Member since 20th Mar 2003
17 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#460, "RE: Arcanes"
In response to Reply #2

Well it would be like this
Master Duo Dimension, Control Transluscence, and Pass Door and you gain Phase

It would cost about 100 mana or so last for about 8 hours and be able to have magical control affect it.

Phase: Being a master of other dimensions during battle your able to flick between them dodging blows that would normally hit you.

I think Arcanes are fairly good as they are as i was saying but they are missing something,(trust me i've played my fair share to) And i'm telling you they need another type of damage spell don't know what yet but a number of things are immune to disrupts and it's rather annoying. They just need some sort of something.

KrivohanThu 20-Mar-03 08:59 PM
80 posts
#461, "RE: Arcanes"
In response to Reply #3

I kinda like the phase idea. I would also agree with the idea of them having a non-physical attack. Couple idea for arcanes magic mouth- allows them to do a sonic blast transforming their voice into a weapon maybe small chance to deafen or stun.

Drag0nSt0rmTue 25-Mar-03 08:38 PM
450 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#505, "I agree, that could be neat"
In response to Reply #4

My beef with transies is they MUST have A/B/S or atleast a alot of luck,
You know sneak sneak sneak, Ambush the really weak guy in front!
run away!
Or get all the way to hero and hope that disrupt organ knocks em out and then spell em up, thats fun, but still, your damage spells consist of Bonedisrupt, organ, and flesh
*blink* Even old school thieves had more style.

ORBThu 20-Mar-03 08:25 AM
993 posts
#455, "RE: Arcanes"
In response to Reply #0

I definately think that if they could get some kind of high level spell that allowed them to phase dodge attacks, it would make the class alot more playable. They definately need just a little something more to make them desirable to play. Who knows though, Imms might have something in the works.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #453 Previous topic | Next topic