Subject: "+1000xp penalty combos who are higher in level than my ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4418
Show all folders

Pro (inactive user)Tue 27-Apr-04 05:36 PM
Charter member
#4418, "+1000xp penalty combos who are higher in level than my 0xp human."

Through out the years I've been playing I've come across several instances where a Cloud ranger, Elf Pal, Arial ass, Fire-AP etc excedes my Human or half-elves buy a signifigant margin.

When ever I've played exp heavy combos I've always been below humans, often buy sick spreads. On occasion I'll come to within a few levels of one.

How is it possible for some people to, seemingly over come the level differences?

Does combat exp count whereas Quest exp doesn't?

It doesn't commonly occur, so It makes me wonder if there are a hand full of people that have some litte secret.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LochzanTue 27-Apr-04 08:00 PM
Member since 24th Mar 2004
58 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4420, "RE: +1000xp penalty combos who are higher in level than..."
In response to Reply #0

This was once much more common, due to the cumulative XP penalties on death. Someone could be lvl 25, and have the exp they did at lvl 20. Now however you can only loose about one and a half or two lvls worth of exp max. So you might be fighting a lvl 20 elf pally with the exp of a 19 elf pally, while your close to lvling from 16 to 17. Just enough for them to drop down into your range.

Sorry if this comes off as rambling, I tend to do that.

IsildurWed 28-Apr-04 12:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4421, "RE: +1000xp penalty combos who are higher in level than..."
In response to Reply #1

>Sorry if this comes off as rambling, I tend to do that.

MUST...ENFORCE...ORDER...

Pro (inactive user)Wed 28-Apr-04 10:42 AM
Charter member
#4423, "I'm not sure what you said..but I think you got it back..."
In response to Reply #1

I've can currently see a Felar Assassin 5 ranks above me and a Human warrior 7 ranks above me.

I've seen several of course in the past of course, and they are exp heavy class/race combos, like I would expect.

I've never died so I'm having a hard time figuring out there are people so much higher than me in rank, when by all means they should approximate me or be lower.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4418 Previous topic | Next topic