Subject: "Re-using a Role..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4364
Show all folders

crackedSun 18-Apr-04 01:48 AM
Member since 18th Apr 2004
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4364, "Re-using a Role..."

I have a character that hasnt made it past 35 yet that I've become a bit bored with, however.. I really like his role. Would it not be in good taste to re-use it on another character later on? I didnt get a chance to fully develope the role in my RP as this character, so no one would notice besides the immortals. Would really be a shame to put a nice un-used role to waste. Any comments on the subject would be a help. Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraSun 18-Apr-04 02:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4365, "RE: Re-using a Role..."
In response to Reply #0

Personally, if I recognized a role I already read on a second character, I'd be pretty unimpressed. If you're bored with the character now, why play the role again?

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

crackedSun 18-Apr-04 02:24 AM
Member since 18th Apr 2004
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4366, "RE: Re-using a Role..."
In response to Reply #1

It's not that I'm bored with the RP of the character, but just not satisfied with the race/class I picked and wanna try something new. Just really hate to waste a role I worked so hard on, but dont want the IMM's to shoot down the character because they've seen it before on another one of my characters that I didnt get a chance to use it with. Is there any way I can go about keeping it, or is it trash?

VelkurahSun 18-Apr-04 01:02 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
#4367, "RE: Re-using a Role..."
In response to Reply #2

I think the point Valg was trying to make is that there's no rule stopping you from re-using that role, but it's not going to look impressive to anyone that's read it before. I'm guessing you're in the 20s somewhere, so odds are that someone has read your role at atleast one point. If you have to, and you think your current character was insignificant enough, you can likely get away with it. Our preference, however, would be to see a new role. Then there's no issue at all.

Velk

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4364 Previous topic | Next topic