Subject: "The whole new ghost changes involving bards" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #427
Show all folders

KorranMon 17-Mar-03 05:06 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#427, "The whole new ghost changes involving bards"

Im currently playing a bard and these new ghost changes kind of screw me up and all. I mean when I get hit with a gang bang or a stupid death and am full looted the first thing I think to do is go and get a basic regear while im still a ghost and cant be brought down. Except these new ghost changes make it extremely hard for me. I mean I cant sing resist, I cant sing when and I cant even sing nightmare (although I agree about nightmare being able to benefit friends/groupies). But I mean whats the deal with resist and when?

This makes my bards life extremely hard until he unghosts, and by then I have people on my tail again which makes gearing even harder.

There any chance you could change it so that my songs only work on myself or mobs im fighting or something? I mean sure I can see people singing resist on cabal guards and all....maybe you could make it so that all groupies/cabal people dont hear my songs while im ghosted yet I still do?

Well anyway just wanted to give my opinion

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraMon 17-Mar-03 01:18 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#432, "No changes there."
In response to Reply #0

1) You can sing Resisting and get the affect on yourself while a ghost. I never changed that, and I just verified that it works.

2) You haven't been able to sing When You Don't See Me or Nightmare as a ghost for a long time. You gain a lot of advantages as a ghost by being immune to many aggressive NPCs, and this is necessary for a number of reasons. I could see exceptions being granted specifically for someone you're directly fighting, and I'll ask some other people what they think of that.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

AstillianMon 17-Mar-03 09:58 AM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#428, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #0

Bards only getting 2 attacks per round doesn't make equiping easy. Even before these changes went in, I had a hard time when I died a mob death. I'd go get all my stuff back, rest to full, and start to attack, only to almost end up dead again because a majority of my songs didn't work.

With bard songs being even more restricted it would be great to have them tweaked to work only on mobs while a ghost and only affect the bard themselves. As it stands now, other classes have an easier time equiping once dead.

XandryaMon 17-Mar-03 01:05 PM
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#431, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 17-Mar-03 01:10 PM

I really agree with this. You HAVE to be able to get a weapon and an instrument if you are under level 30 or you can do nothing except kick and punch and maybe throw in a roundhouse. Xandrya died a few times just because I didn't know how or where to get gear and had no way to defend myself when I became unghosted.

Learning where to get gear is really hard for a newbie playing a bard. Because you literally get totally lost trying to find your way around ...you waste all your time as a ghost just trying to get where your friends have probably told you to go, then you die to either a mob or some stupid pk'er who doesn't care that you're naked and wants an easy kill. If I didn't think being a bard was really fun for RP reasons I don't think it would ever be a class I would pick to learn this game with. Too late now, huh?

But aside from that mild little rant...Not being able to sing as a ghost, even if only to protect yourself with some effects, makes it even harder so I wholeheartedly agree with the suggestion that it be tweaked a bit so that your songs don't affect your groupmates till you become unghosted, but they should affect you at the very least, and probably the mobs as well.

To go along with this was the other suggestion made by someone that Resisting (and I also think Shield of Words as well) might be tweaked so that you can sing it to your group even if the bard is already affected by it. That way if you come out of your ghosted state and have the songs on you, you would be able to sing them again for your groupmates without them having to wait till it wears off of you.

HuttoMon 17-Mar-03 01:34 PM
234 posts
#434, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #1

As it stands now, other classes have an easier time equiping once dead.

Try playing a conjurer. They can't conjure while a ghost.

Voting is a ghost's best friend!

QuisletMon 17-Mar-03 10:11 PM
240 posts
#438, "Re-equipping when a ghost."
In response to Reply #4

Does nobody ever keep a stash of money in the bank and then buy basic gear from shops? I know I used to, back when I was getting full looted and people weren't generous enough to give me stuff.

Most of the shops in Galadon are there for basic stuff so you can buy it then go out and upgrade. I mean, most of that stuff isn't worth keeping once you've gone out to get better, but it certainly helps you get that 'something better'. Other cities have shops with the basics too, and some even have really nice stuff for sale, though at high prices.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #427 Previous topic | Next topic