Subject: "High level thief idea." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4166
Show all folders

XaannixThu 25-Mar-04 12:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4166, "High level thief idea."
Edited on Thu 25-Mar-04 12:11 PM

Not sure which thief path this could be part of but i was thinking taking flash away from conjies and giving it to thieves. Thieves however would get a 'fashbomb' skill. Maybe for city ties and trap thieves, im more inclined toward city ties.

They would get it somewhere upwards of rank 35. They would get an ingredient and build a flashbomb or they can just buy the flashbombs at the guilds. Whichever. They could drop it in a room and blind everyone there for 1 hours without initiating combat. The more adept they are at the skill the higher chance of blinding others and not themselves. It would not work on mobs such as cabal guardians or mobs of higher rank than the thief. Maybe it could be used only twice back to back and then not again for 15-30 hours or so. People would yell out when a flashbomb detonates in the room.

Once the thief gets to have it perfected, maybe he can throw it one room away and try to blind people in that room. Like:

"flashbomb east" - then the flashbomb would roll and blow up one room east.

Bubba yells 'Argg! Im seeing stars and purple dots!!!' heh

This would not work on undead, sleeping people so you cant blind jacked people and would last twice as long on people with darkvision (the skill) and occular enhancements because it would overload their optic nerves?! It also might not work as much on people who are wearing certain masks or helmets. This skill would have no lag or 1/2 round lag but would make the thie step out.

I think that skill on conjies is pretty much useless and it would add some more stealth stuff to certain thief paths. Would help thieves get away, especially villager thieves who cant 'q return.' if things are getting ugly.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourThu 25-Mar-04 02:00 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4169, "flash and clear on zulu (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

TheerklaThu 25-Mar-04 01:21 PM
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4168, "Might as well make it deafen and momentarily disorient ..."
In response to Reply #0

Since as soon as you posted this, I automatically assumed you were talking about a "flashbang" grenade. I'd argue that it should only blind for half a tick or less, if such a thing is even possible code wise. Other than that the only question is whether or not this unbalances the particluar thief path you give it to.

incognitoThu 25-Mar-04 12:16 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4167, "hmm, nice idea"
In response to Reply #0

However, I'm not sure why it would be considered something that doesn't provoke attacks.

If someone is flashing bright stuff in my eyes and I think it is likely to stop me seeing, I do something about it.

Blindness is a very powerful skill. I'm not sure I'd give it to yet another class.

If other people do like it though, I'd say that it sounds more like a trapper sort of thing to me. It's essentially a grenade.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4166 Previous topic | Next topic