Subject: "Ghostly health" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4099
Show all folders

Graatch (inactive user)Thu 11-Mar-04 01:48 PM
Charter member

My understanding of the official purpose of the ghost period is to get yourself back to a position where you can be of some use once you are material again. And to make it easier to re-start your life. To that end the outfit command was added for post-level 11 characters.

Also, code was put in to make sure that ghosts no longer use their immunity to aid still fighting characters.

Given all that, I suggest making it such that when you die and appear at your pit, your stats are all restored to 100%. Hp, Mana and Mvs. I suggest this for several reasons. First, much as we all enjoy the logs of people dying to their fiery rings when they loot their own corpses, it's really not something I think we need to keep. Second, and more important, most people need the ghost time to get things. And to get things usually means fighting mobs. And now they are fighting without their usual equ, instead using the (better than nothing and I'm very happy you put it in, Valg) bare bones stuff you get from the guild. That means they are weaker than usual and need to be at full strength to do things they might otherwise be able to do when at less health or mana.

I don't see a downside to giving a ghost an immediate restore upon death, letting them make use of the ghost period right from the get-go. They can't help others anymore, and they have a much larger world to cover in order to get new equ than in the old days. And for those that have low cons, it really takes time to regen up to full after dying, especially if you try to run back to your corpse and therefore don't sleep up at first.

For what it's worth.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Ghostly health, Isildur, 12-Mar-04 11:00 AM, #6
Reply RE: Ghostly health, ig88, 11-Mar-04 07:24 PM, #4
Reply Two things., Cassman, 11-Mar-04 05:28 PM, #3
Reply Veteran mobs are more than bad enough n/t, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 12-Mar-04 10:43 AM, #5
Reply Same idea, but have it at 50% for some kind of balance...., GinGa, 11-Mar-04 03:28 PM, #2
Reply I agree, Drag0nSt0rm, 11-Mar-04 03:07 PM, #1

IsildurFri 12-Mar-04 11:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4107, "RE: Ghostly health"
In response to Reply #0

Yet another reason to bank coin. Or, to not play a character whose role-play prohibits them from utilizing banks.

ig88Thu 11-Mar-04 07:24 PM
Member since 13th Oct 2003
4 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4103, "RE: Ghostly health"
In response to Reply #0

I really like this idea. Even tho as
Cassman pointed out that it could be
exploited (expecially at lvl51, where the
experience penalty doesnt affect, just 1/3rd con),
i see no reason why a ghost's hp/mv/mana stats
would not be restored. Maybe someone finds a decent
argument ?

CassmanThu 11-Mar-04 05:28 PM
257 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4102, "Two things."
In response to Reply #0

Firstly, I'm thinking that a restore would make it really easy for someone to get a second try at that mob they just barely died to. Run back, grab your gear and finish it off. Yea you died, and have a XP hole, but you got that shiny you were after anyway.

Secondly, I would think it better to simply restore faster. Running around collecting your corpse, you'll unghost at like 50% or so. Why not some kind of mild 'slow' effect. If you need to regain, you only have to sleep a few (4-5) hours max, rather than 10-12.

Maybe just leave it all, I mean it is a bad thing that you died, right ?

-Cassman-

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 12-Mar-04 10:43 AM
Charter member
#4106, "Veteran mobs are more than bad enough n/t"
In response to Reply #3

>Firstly, I'm thinking that a restore would make it really
>easy for someone to get a second try at that mob they just
>barely died to. Run back, grab your gear and finish it off.
>Yea you died, and have a XP hole, but you got that shiny you
>were after anyway.
>
>Secondly, I would think it better to simply restore faster.
>Running around collecting your corpse, you'll unghost at like
>50% or so. Why not some kind of mild 'slow' effect. If you
>need to regain, you only have to sleep a few (4-5) hours max,
>rather than 10-12.
>
>Maybe just leave it all, I mean it is a bad
>thing that you died, right ?
>
>-Cassman-

GinGaThu 11-Mar-04 03:28 PM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4101, "Same idea, but have it at 50% for some kind of balance...."
In response to Reply #0

s

Drag0nSt0rmThu 11-Mar-04 03:07 PM
450 posts
#4100, "I agree"
In response to Reply #0

Totally agree
No reason why ghosts should start with 0/0 for hp/m

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4099 Previous topic | Next topic