Subject: "Yet another Rager post." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40562
Show all folders

Current Rager (Anonymous)Sun 09-Oct-11 04:44 AM
Charter member
#40562, "Yet another Rager post."

The single biggest weakness, and problem with Villagers is the lack of movement. It is the sole reason most Ragers will not travel more than 3 areas from the Village. This makes playing a Rager boring. I have tried to wander further, but it really is that dangerous to move too far from the Village - especially if there are multiple members from an enemy clan that will happily gank you.

Is there anyway Ragers can get some sort of hardened traveller power? I know they're powerful already, so you may be able to put some drawbacks on it, or reduce the effectiveness of other powers. It makes sense though as Villagers have to walk everywhere, all their life. Naturally they'd be extremely fit and used to traveling vast distances.

Maybe you could put a timer on it so that it doesn't effect said Rager until they've been outside the Village for a time, and has several levels of effectiveness increasing until they pass the Giant. It would certainly encourage Ragers to get out and about, and whilst it may make them more effective and dangerous hunters for the rest of the playerbase, it would also give said playerbase a better chance at hunting them.

Just an idea.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AmberionSun 09-Oct-11 06:44 AM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40563, "There is a cheap edge that any class/race can take that..."
In response to Reply #0

And yes, that edge really is that good. My chars always takes that edge. All my villagers have too, and I've never found it troublesome with moves at HERO.

Pre-hero though, it's another story, but that's the same story for all chars, villagers or not. Low on moves = dangerous. More dangerous for villagers, yes, but villagers on those levels are just totaly overpowered.

And as I said, at hero, moves ain't an issue, and villagers aren't anymore overpowered either. (In my book that is.)

So, problem with moves at hero? Get that edge.

The reason to why my villagers don't travel too far from the village is mostly about 1 single thing: I keep my villagers in the most trafficed areas on the MUD because that's where you're most likely to find targets to kill. Hunting for example up in pinewood forest is... Not too fruitful, as you'll seldom catch anyone there, and if you find someone there, they are not there to PK and will just get the hell away from you. Same with most other even more obscure areas.

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Ganicus (Anonymous)Mon 10-Oct-11 02:41 PM
Charter member
#40602, "explore enough and you can get it as low (maybe lower) ..."
In response to Reply #1

it is such a game changer too.

AmberionMon 10-Oct-11 04:25 PM
Member since 06th Jun 2007
945 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40605, "lvl 25 is the lowest to my knowledge. n/T"
In response to Reply #2

N/T

Always shoot first and then call whatever you hit the target.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40562 Previous topic | Next topic