Subject: "Tribunal" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4045
Show all folders

LarshalvWed 03-Mar-04 07:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4045, "Tribunal"

Well this game aspect actually made me really mad.

While retriving from the tribunal I was opposed with 5 or so foes at first, I fought them at every turn, not being wanted. However some of them left, and I struck again, but more came about and again I was a but stuck, as as soon as I started hitting them(redirecting from the captain) they fleed. So I fleed as well and engaged them at the captain.

For this I became wanted, I could not understand why, I was retriving, and I have to defend myself. But as things are now, one cannot strike at a tribunal unless he strikes you.

Now if I am fighting the captain, a tribunal that casts spells could merly and does stand and maledict my ass off at his leisure and I cannot do anything to counter that.. I cannot re-direct as he is not fighting me, and if I attack him I get wanted. As well, should his spell actually engage me he uses guards to rescue himself out. Now this is the biggest piece of horse **** I have been confronted with in game. In a retriving matter the tribunals should not be protected while standing at the captain, just as I am not as the retriver. They can use their guards on me even as I am not wanted, and flee ither way. I can then choose to become wanted and strike them in the city if they should flee that way, but that would put me even in a worse position than before as the guards autoattack...

Now this is an extreemly one sided deal, being wanted and having to go into a city is a pain. Now I dont mind being wanted in itself, but when I am forced to enter a city by means of retriving one should atleast have a possibility to do so without being a pulp going out.

Now I could go on that the cabal side defences are ####ty, but this is possibly the worst deal ever.

Its bad enough that one gets wanted for raiding, but when your defending yourself you should not get wanted if its for retriving.

Sorry for ranting so, but it really frustrated me, as I had well fought for the better of 4 real hours. I love the game, but things at times flow over in my cup as well....

Thanks for a great game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply My view., permanewbie, 03-Mar-04 02:25 PM, #6
Reply He's an Outlander., Malkhar, 03-Mar-04 03:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: Tribunal, incognito, 03-Mar-04 08:23 AM, #1
     Reply ps. if you haven't died, incognito, 03-Mar-04 09:47 AM, #2
     Reply Just as a side not, he was the hero shifter with porcup..., Tirach, 03-Mar-04 09:56 AM, #3
          Reply as a maladicting tribunal, Baendra, 03-Mar-04 10:31 AM, #4
               Reply RE: as a maladicting tribunal, Larshalv, 03-Mar-04 12:25 PM, #5

permanewbieWed 03-Mar-04 02:25 PM
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4053, "My view."
In response to Reply #0

#1. *If* it happend like you say, then yes, you were wrongly flagged.

#2. Is this forum (or ANY ooc forum) the place to take this kind of situation?

#### no.

There are in-game avenues to get mistakes by Magistrates taken care of. Use one of them.

Did I bring it to these forums with my last hero warrior acolyte was walking by himself on the aryth ocean and was attacked and killed out of the blue by two deathblowing ragers?

No.

If how I remember the situation is how it happened, then yes, they probably did wrong.

Taking it ooc serves no purpose other than to make sure other players know you feel wronged so you can play the part of the "righteous wronged victim" while at the same time making sure everyone comes to side with your opinion that you and your friends were great but your IC enemies all sucked ass. It's fun to play that part, but please remind me how does that make the game better?

That's right. It doesn't. What DOES make the game better, is rp'ing through it, through the at least two IC channels you have to get this incident looked at.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

MalkharWed 03-Mar-04 03:54 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2004
15 posts
#4054, "He's an Outlander."
In response to Reply #6

Maybe there are no IC channels for an "appeal" to Higher Magistrates given his Role.

Sucking up bad flags is, (un)fortunately, all part of playing a rebel tearing apart society. If there's any consolation, it's in knowing that he instilled a little bit more anarchy into the Spire by compelling them to break/twist their own laws and that he'd inevitably get warranted playing his Role, anyway.

That consolation wasn't enough for him, so he brought to OOC channels for discussion and clarification.

incognitoWed 03-Mar-04 08:23 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4046, "RE: Tribunal"
In response to Reply #0

>While retriving from the tribunal I was opposed with 5 or so
>foes at first, I fought them at every turn, not being wanted.

I'll assume you aren't exagerating here, or omitting that some are not in your pk or something.

>However some of them left, and I struck again, but more came
>about and again I was a but stuck, as as soon as I started
>hitting them(redirecting from the captain) they fleed. So I
>fleed as well and engaged them at the captain.
>
>For this I became wanted, I could not understand why, I was
>retriving, and I have to defend myself. But as things are now,
>one cannot strike at a tribunal unless he strikes you.
>

That's incorrect interpretation of the law, imho. What you consider to be the fair state of affairs is what I consider to be that actual state of affairs. Any trib who flagged you for engaging them at the captain you were fighting the captain a second ago and fled just to re-engage them was out of line.

>Now if I am fighting the captain, a tribunal that casts spells
>could merly and does stand and maledict my ass off at his
>leisure and I cannot do anything to counter that.. I cannot
>re-direct as he is not fighting me, and if I attack him I get
>wanted.

That's incorrect application of the law, imho. Though I doubt it is true you can do nothing to counter it. Have you no offensive supp?spell/skill that you can aim at anyone?

> As well, should his spell actually engage me he uses
>guards to rescue himself out. Now this is the biggest piece of
>horse **** I have been confronted with in game.

Why? Raiding druids use their pets to rescue themselves out. If I am correct about it not being a crime to strike back at the trib in these circumstances, there is nothing wrong with a rescue.

> In a retriving
>matter the tribunals should not be protected while standing at
>the captain, just as I am not as the retriver.

They aren't.

> They can use
>their guards on me even as I am not wanted, and flee ither
>way.

Exageration. Only if they are in your pk can they do that. Just like a scion could use a nightwalker. Just like a druid can use a treant. Just like someone can use a merc. They are on spire business when defending the spire. Therefore they should be able to use guards in a raid on the spire.

> I can then choose to become wanted and strike them in the
>city if they should flee that way, but that would put me even
>in a worse position than before as the guards autoattack...
>

Maybe don't lag yourself fighting the captain and you can engage them first as they walk in. If you are clearly making a genuine effort to retrieve, you won't be made wanted, I suspect. If you were, I suspect it was a bad call by the trib(s).

>Now this is an extreemly one sided deal, being wanted and
>having to go into a city is a pain. Now I dont mind being
>wanted in itself, but when I am forced to enter a city by
>means of retriving one should atleast have a possibility to do
>so without being a pulp going out.
>

Ahh, so it's kind of similar to trepidation and thornheart then?

>Now I could go on that the cabal side defences are ####ty, but
>this is possibly the worst deal ever.
>
>Its bad enough that one gets wanted for raiding, but when your
>defending yourself you should not get wanted if its for
>retriving.
>

Correct. You should not. If you are an outlander and genuinely trying to retrieve.

>Sorry for ranting so, but it really frustrated me, as I had
>well fought for the better of 4 real hours. I love the game,
>but things at times flow over in my cup as well....
>

Sometimes you have to accept that you can't win against the odds you currently face. If you make the attempt, expect to die. Otherwise, wait until a better time.

>Thanks for a great game.

If more outlanders made the effort you claim to have, you wouldn't have the problem. Even when there is only one hero-range trib on and two hero-range outlanders they don't retrieve in most cases. They usually send in some lowbie in the 20s to make the attempt. Probably you, judging by how few people actually make the attempt.

incognitoWed 03-Mar-04 09:47 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4047, "ps. if you haven't died"
In response to Reply #1

might want to appeal against that flag. Just because a trib isn't in melee with you doesn't mean he hasn't engaged you, as far as I can see.

TirachWed 03-Mar-04 09:56 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2004
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4048, "Just as a side not, he was the hero shifter with porcup..."
In response to Reply #1

BaendraWed 03-Mar-04 10:31 AM
Member since 03rd Mar 2004
2 posts
#4051, "as a maladicting tribunal"
In response to Reply #3

I would not flag someone for attacking me at the captain if I was casting spells on him whilst he fought someone/something else.

LarshalvWed 03-Mar-04 12:25 PM
96 posts
#4052, "RE: as a maladicting tribunal"
In response to Reply #4

ok... now I was a hero..I have deleted now. though it will not come up for another week. Seems there is a whole lot with probably exagrigation here, but there is not actually... hence my frustration.

Now I was first so cool headed that I fleed, I had the captain convulsing to the ground when I did this. Now I wrote a note to someone whom knows about it and asked. and was told this is how it is. So I bring it here to get it out in the open.

Now Ill be really spesific, I fight first the captain(tribunal outerguardian) for retriving(outlanderitem)(remember also that I have fought many other tribunals in the meanwhile and attacked them at the captain as well not being wanted) I was a shifter, and the forms I have which are of any use cannot murder another target. Ei if Im fighting one I cannot re-engage another. So if say someone stood and maledicted me like that I could not even if I wanted to in form attack the fella unless I chose to lag myself in over many rounds or go out of form and take a ####load of dammage. there where after all 5 tribs at many times during these combats. I survived here only because protections and such. Reverting is not an option then...

After a while from me striking and fleeing into the wilds, I return and there are two tribunals about, two warriors this time. I run in hit the captain, I get hit. I try to re-direct and beat them both off, they run from the captain and so I do the same to try kill them, they enter the room the captain stands in(same as I just fleed from, and I return and strike them) we both now standing at the captain. This is the exact instant I get wanted for, and for me this is the bs part. I am after all still trying to retrive, and should I not expect an attack from the tribunal that has just struck me at the same captain two seconds ago? Now I get wanted for that is worse than stupid. And when I even get told by lets say "a someone in charge" that its the law. I just lost my willingness to see the fairness of the whole thing..

Just had to get it out in the open....as the steam would not end..

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4045 Previous topic | Next topic