Subject: "2 ranger questions and a spell question." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40255
Show all folders

AlstonSun 18-Sep-11 11:05 AM
Member since 07th Sep 2011
858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40255, "2 ranger questions and a spell question."

Is swampmire dex, str or strait percentage based?

Is Shadow Stride dex, str or strait percentage based and is it affected by quiet movement and or sneak. If so is sneak better than QM?

Does the Slow spell or Metabolic slowing affect parry? Does it affect #of attacks?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply One answer, and some advice., Tsunami, 19-Sep-11 11:31 AM, #1
     Reply Advice not taken., Alston, 19-Sep-11 04:10 PM, #2
          Reply Slow and shadow stride., Tsunami, 19-Sep-11 04:54 PM, #3
               Reply Did wanderlust let you Rebound and SS out of caves? n/t, Alston, 19-Sep-11 05:49 PM, #4
               Reply can rebound strike indoors, laxman, 19-Sep-11 06:29 PM, #5
               Reply Only works indoors, Tsunami, 19-Sep-11 10:07 PM, #6
               Reply I'd agree with the dex thing on shadowstride, incognito, 20-Sep-11 02:44 PM, #7

TsunamiMon 19-Sep-11 11:31 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40278, "One answer, and some advice."
In response to Reply #0

Pretty sure slow would reduce the #of attacks, but maybe not the maximum number. Just reduced chance to successfully make the max number.

Advice: Stop trying to number crunch everything. No matter how perfect your calculations, RNG is still going to bend you over and rip your guts out through your tiny, pink anus. Just make a character you want to roleplay and stick with it. From there it is just a matter of figuring out how to PK with that particular character, because none of them are going to win every fight.

AlstonMon 19-Sep-11 04:10 PM
858 posts
#40279, "Advice not taken."
In response to Reply #1

I am a habitual number cruncher. It's what keeps me playing CF and why I roll through characters that don't meet my min/max expectations.

I'm perfectly content with this, however... I'm rather concerned about your familiarity with my anus....

I'm not a powergamer by any definition. I just like playing different builds, grabbing a couple PK's with them, and moving on. That's how I play.

Thanks for the answer about slow though. Not sure that it's correct but it could be. I actually hope it is.

TsunamiMon 19-Sep-11 04:54 PM
1509 posts
#40281, "Slow and shadow stride."
In response to Reply #2

I imagine it would have to be so on slow or there wouldn't be much reason to use it. Would just give your opponent better regen.

Also, shadow stride. I've had it on a svirf (explorer), dexy human (explorer), and dexy half-drow (hunter). The svirf did not do nearly as well tanking so I would assume dex plays a role. Hard to tell the difference between human/half-drow because the hunter tanked like a beast whether in the caves or not.

Note: I don't think rebounding strike works with bows. At all. I spent a lot of time in Arangird and pretty sure I never got a single one. At the very least, it doesn't fire on the archery based dodges. The human explorer tanked ALMOST as well. However, the rebounding strike more than made up for it in the offensive department.

AlstonMon 19-Sep-11 05:49 PM
858 posts
#40283, "Did wanderlust let you Rebound and SS out of caves? n/t"
In response to Reply #3

zdfvdaf

laxmanMon 19-Sep-11 06:29 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#40284, "can rebound strike indoors"
In response to Reply #4

at least thats what the helpfile indicates

TsunamiMon 19-Sep-11 10:07 PM
1509 posts
#40285, "Only works indoors"
In response to Reply #4

Explorer or not. I didn't notice if there was much more as explorer vs other cavern dwellers. Seemed about the same.

However, explorer caverndweller comes with a neat perk that I thought was a bug. No response from bug board so I assume it isn't. Any indoor wilderness room will work as cave for smoke screen and deafening howl. I never got to try cavernfall, but doubt it works.

incognitoTue 20-Sep-11 02:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40286, "I'd agree with the dex thing on shadowstride"
In response to Reply #3

I had it on a drow and it went off like crazy. A fire giant with the same build as me didn't do it half as much.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #40255 Previous topic | Next topic