Subject: "Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3843
Show all folders

WilhathFri 13-Feb-04 07:11 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3843, "Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk)"

It'd be nice if groupmate hp could be included in the prompt. The ideal would be that the prompt include the groupmate's name and hp on a second line. Spamming "group" sucks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..., Isildur, 14-Feb-04 01:20 AM, #4
Reply RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..., Zulghinlour, 13-Feb-04 07:49 PM, #1
     Reply (With a small sense of sarcasm), Sailatinu, 13-Feb-04 08:40 PM, #2
     Reply Although there is a virtue that sort of does this, Theerkla, 13-Feb-04 09:35 PM, #3
     Reply RE: botting your way anywhere, Terwin, 14-Feb-04 05:26 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..., jaynus, 15-Feb-04 03:27 AM, #6

IsildurSat 14-Feb-04 01:20 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3852, "RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..."
In response to Reply #0

If you enjoy this sort of thing...write a script that periodically does a "gr" and checks the health of one (or multiple) targets, then heals them. Seems like a good way to get killed, but you could probably have it self-disable on most "common" interruptions. Anyone in your group yelling, anyone in your group getting blackjacked, you getting blackjacked, anyone getting summoned, etc.

ZulghinlourFri 13-Feb-04 07:49 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3844, "RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..."
In response to Reply #0

>It'd be nice if groupmate hp could be included in the prompt.
>The ideal would be that the prompt include the groupmate's
>name and hp on a second line. Spamming "group" sucks.

A) We won't be moving to multi-line prompts.
B) This is very similar to the reason we took total cash out of your prompt. You can write up a little client piece that tells you when you are being stolen from. With this, you can pretty much just bot your way everywhere.

In other words, I don't see it happening.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

SailatinuFri 13-Feb-04 08:40 PM
Member since 27th Jul 2003
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3845, "(With a small sense of sarcasm)"
In response to Reply #1

What do you mean? you make it sound like every lowbie will roll up a char and have a pet healer he rolls up, who is perma-grouped with him healing whenever it is scripted to watch the % go down below a certain point!

But in all seriousness, I also see your reasoning as being completely on target as to not letting this kind of thing happen.

It is literally just asking for someone to bot things entirely.

TheerklaFri 13-Feb-04 09:35 PM
1055 posts
#3848, "Although there is a virtue that sort of does this"
In response to Reply #1

along with quite a few other perks

TerwinSat 14-Feb-04 05:26 PM
Member since 12th Nov 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3860, "RE: botting your way anywhere"
In response to Reply #1

Just for the record, with most of the good clients these days, you can bot your way anywhere regardless of what isn't readily available.

It's pretty easy to parse input and have the client respond to triggers with multiple states.

I'm pretty sure that with a healer, I could put something together in about an hour where I enter "leveling mode", input the names of my groupmates, and go drink a six pack.

But that's just no fun.

If it's going to be help people, why not make it optional. If they're really determined to use it for evil, they will regardless.

So who's writing the ZMud plugin that feeds a central database every time a user identifies an item?

T

jaynusSun 15-Feb-04 03:27 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3864, "RE: Prompt Idea (specifically for healers and their ilk..."
In response to Reply #1

I think what he means is something akin to a "battle prompt". I think this would be fine, its not like you can't see it when you type 'group' anyways..

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3843 Previous topic | Next topic