Subject: "Items of power in form." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37904
Show all folders

Shifter (Anonymous)Mon 09-May-11 06:10 AM
Charter member
#37904, "Items of power in form."

Do items that grant specific features/powers to the wearer transcend into the shifter when in animal form?

eg: Wooden shinpads, illithid head charm, shield of pitchest black, figurine of gnome?

Thank you

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MRSKMon 09-May-11 09:07 AM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37906, "RE: Items of power in form."
In response to Reply #0

If item adds something to your affect list it transfers to form(i.e. berserk from crimson dragon sleeves) if it doesn't it doesn't. So those resist items don't work in form.

_Magus_Mon 09-May-11 08:56 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37905, "Generally, no"
In response to Reply #0

Although I'm unsure about the head charm. I know what it does, but I never use that particular item.

As for affects for items worn carrying over, like the other ones you listed, the answer is no.

Shifter (Anonymous)Tue 10-May-11 03:31 AM
Charter member
#37917, "Thanks for the advice"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I gave away the shield of pitchest black upon your advice only to be laughed at by another shifter who said it would work in form. *sigh*

_Magus_Tue 10-May-11 07:04 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#37918, "RE: Thanks for the advice"
In response to Reply #3

Eh, that's never been my experience. Me thinks you are being lied to by 'another shifter'. And I wouldn't put it past a player in the CF community to read this thread, realize you had a shield of blackest pitch, and decide to try and deceive you.

The only items I've found to work while shapeshifted, are the items that give an actual affect in your affects list.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37904 Previous topic | Next topic