Subject: "Caballed rangers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37074
Show all folders

A curious newcomer (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 03:01 AM
Charter member
#37074, "Caballed rangers"

How do they deal with wilderness time? Unless they are outlanders of course. Will the 'cabal hideout' edge help?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I don't get that edge, incognito, 01-Feb-11 03:38 PM, #6
Reply Pretty sure no., Twist, 01-Feb-11 05:26 PM, #7
Reply Two things..., TMNS, 01-Feb-11 04:29 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Two things..., Welverin, 01-Feb-11 10:48 AM, #2
          Reply No good rolling a Herald ranger then?, A curious newcomer (Anonymous), 01-Feb-11 12:41 PM, #3
               Reply Herald rangers are fine, lasentia, 01-Feb-11 02:43 PM, #4
               Reply Herald ranger is fine, Tsunami, 01-Feb-11 03:23 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Herald ranger is fine, A curious newcomer (Anonymous), 02-Feb-11 08:23 PM, #8
                         Reply I couldn't say exact percentages, Tsunami, 03-Feb-11 01:02 PM, #9

incognitoTue 01-Feb-11 03:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37085, "I don't get that edge"
In response to Reply #0

The helpfile says it allows someone to hide in their OWN cabal, but Paralouit was considerably more dangerous as a result of being able to hide in enemy cabals, unless I'm mistaken. Even in the halls east and west of the watcher, I seem to recall.

TwistTue 01-Feb-11 05:26 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37087, "Pretty sure no."
In response to Reply #6

If she could camo east of the Watcher, that's a bug, and if you've got a log, please bugboard it. West of the watcher is wilderness. As are a couple other spots in the Fortress. Also camo spots in Ragerville and (obviously) Outlander.

TMNSTue 01-Feb-11 04:29 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37075, "Two things..."
In response to Reply #0

First off, um, why would being caballed affect your wilderness time? Unless you were a Tribunal or Herald, of course.

Second, cabal hideout is an IMM-reward only edge. Shouldn't base your character around it.

WelverinTue 01-Feb-11 10:48 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
#37076, "RE: Two things..."
In response to Reply #1

Fort has two Wildernes spots inside. One is pretty strategic on raids too.... And right outside is mountains. done right a Fort Mountaineer could be nice.

A curious newcomer (Anonymous)Tue 01-Feb-11 12:41 PM
Charter member
#37077, "No good rolling a Herald ranger then?"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

lasentiaTue 01-Feb-11 02:43 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37081, "Herald rangers are fine"
In response to Reply #3

Behind the Inn there are wilderness spots, I used to see a fortress ranger there quite a bit. So you can just sit there if you want to be near the inn. Of course most inn events happen inside the Inn and stuff, but being a herald doesn't mean you have to spend all your time inside the inn waiting for people to stop by.

TsunamiTue 01-Feb-11 03:23 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#37083, "Herald ranger is fine"
In response to Reply #3

You just have to spend MOST of your time in the wilderness to keep your skills working right. Even still, you can function without insta camo. Don't expect to be a pk god, but if you are herald you probably aren't anyway.

My first ranger was herald I think. Most of my uncaballed rangers spend a lot of time at the Inn as well and I keep my instant camo. In fact, someone commented on one of my rangers that I spent a ton of time there.

A curious newcomer (Anonymous)Wed 02-Feb-11 08:23 PM
Charter member
#37099, "RE: Herald ranger is fine"
In response to Reply #5

As far as I know, fastcamo isn't the only drawback, it's just the most noticeable and annoying. Right?

The problem is, I don't know how much time is okay. If having 75% wilderness time is okay, then fine. But if it needs 95%, I'm going to be in trouble.

Also, does being an explorer help? The help file says this expertise allows for time spent in civilization, but does it only mitigate some negative effects or does it lower the minimum wilderness time needed for fastcamo?

TsunamiThu 03-Feb-11 01:02 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#37102, "I couldn't say exact percentages"
In response to Reply #8

Fastcamo is your main gauge. You want to keep it or stay close to it for maximum effectiveness across the board. I really don't think its even close to 95%. If I had to guess I would say its around 70-80%.

Explorer does seem to suffer less from being in civilized areas. Again, not enough testing to say for sure, but seems like it.

Also, you could always sit in the little grove to the north of the Inn. If someone comes in, then go hang out. Good way to keep your wilderness time up if you need.

You planning on PK as this herald? That could be rough. I don't think your skills will suffer enough for an exploration type character to be hurt though. I imagine things like bearcharge, wilderness familiarity, and camo suffering from low wilderness time.

-----------

It's really not that hard. Just pay attention to your fast camo and react accordingly.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37074 Previous topic | Next topic