Subject: "A small wishlist of things I would like changed" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36329
Show all folders

Wisher of things (Anonymous)Fri 12-Nov-10 01:15 PM
Charter member
#36329, "A small wishlist of things I would like changed"

These things are probably all things that have been in the mud 10+ years and I thought I might throw them out there and see what others thinks. None of them are really a big deal but what the hell.

1. Black, yellow and violet roots are currently rot_death and while one learns to navigate that place really fast after a couple of deaths it kind of sucks to always have to get there and restock. Especially if you play a reckless char that dies often.

2. Some guards track outside of cities which makes it pretty difficult to play a wanted Maran. Even if one avoid cities you can still stumble upon a goodie mob that you one round outside of the Fortress.

3. Galadon guards are good. I know they have been that for ages and are perhaps not likely to be changed now but I think the fun stick would increase in size if they were neutral. Mainly for goodie outlanders.

4. Mobs not repopping correctly. Most famous examples are some rats in the sewers and a guard with a key in Evermoon Hollow. While it is a minor nuisance as a vet it always feel like you are trying to explain a bug IC to newbies when you show them. Perhaps give the more common ones unique mobs?

5. The most used (probably) shield potion is not really available to goodies. Not a huge thing but would be nice if the mob was made neutral. As a goodie you do have access to some potions that evils don't but on the other hand there are a lot of evil shopkeepers with decent preps that it is hard to justify shopping in as a goodie.

6. Maran powers not having helpfiles. I know there are IC ones but while it was somewhat understandable that they were hush hush in the beginning a long time has passed now. Zulghs (I guess) empire helpfiles are awesome as an example.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: A small wishlist of things I would like changed, Denawe (Anonymous), 12-Nov-10 04:57 PM, #5
Reply Good suggestions., Stunna, 12-Nov-10 02:45 PM, #4
Reply Re: Helpfiles, Zulghinlour, 12-Nov-10 02:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: A small wishlist of things I would like changed, sorlag (Anonymous), 12-Nov-10 02:23 PM, #2
Reply #1 especially is a big thing, elmeri_, 12-Nov-10 01:53 PM, #1
     Reply Not everyone., Theerkla, 12-Nov-10 08:13 PM, #6

Denawe (Anonymous)Fri 12-Nov-10 04:57 PM
Charter member
#36336, "RE: A small wishlist of things I would like changed"
In response to Reply #0

I have a list too! Was going to wait until Santa Zulg, but maybe Christmas will come early!

1. Let conjurers add "familiar hp percentage" to their prompt. It seems silly that a familiar apart from its master has to look at itself in order to know how hurt it is.

2. When a conjurer has "famsee notinroom" active and is in the same room as her familiar, then walks into a new room, she sees something like:

You move west.
A faerie dragon arrives.
> You follow Conjurer west.

It would be nice if that last bit could be omitted when famsee is set to "notinroom". If I just saw "faerie dragon arrives" then the second echo doesn't provide any extra information.

3. Allow a conjurer to set a default "famsee" value that gets selected automatically when a new familiar is called. 95% of the time I cast "familiar" my next command is "famsee notinroom".

4. Give familiars the ability to auto-assist their masters. Create a toggle called "famautoassist" for the conjurer to control the familiar's behavior.

5. Make "famsee notinroom" slightly intelligent: if the familiar and conjurer are in the same room and the conjurer is asleep or blind then have it behave like "famsee all".

6. Create a new command "fmode {on|off}". When in fmode all received commands are treated as commands to the familiar. It is possible to do this on the client side, but making the class more accessible to those without the will or ability to create an extensive alias list seems like a good thing.

StunnaFri 12-Nov-10 02:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#36334, "Good suggestions."
In response to Reply #0

1,3,4 seem like ones that press "go" on.

ZulghinlourFri 12-Nov-10 02:29 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36333, "Re: Helpfiles"
In response to Reply #0

>6. Maran powers not having helpfiles. I know there are IC ones
>but while it was somewhat understandable that they were hush
>hush in the beginning a long time has passed now. Zulghs (I
>guess) empire helpfiles are awesome as an example.

At some point last year I wrote helpfiles for all of them...and then we lost all of our helps in the crash. I have a process that runs on bootup that gives me a list of all skills/spells/supps/songs/powers/edges that don't have a helpfile associated with them so we can go through and pick them off, but nobody has been working on them lately.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

sorlag (inactive user)Fri 12-Nov-10 02:23 PM
Charter member
#36332, "RE: A small wishlist of things I would like changed"
In response to Reply #0

>These things are probably all things that have been in the
>mud 10+ years and I thought I might throw them out there and
>see what others thinks. None of them are really a big deal but
>what the hell.
>
>1. Black, yellow and violet roots are currently rot_death and
>while one learns to navigate that place really fast after a
>couple of deaths it kind of sucks to always have to get there
>and restock. Especially if you play a reckless char that dies
>often.

It's annoying, but seems fair considering their price and duration. If it's that big of a deal for you, use venom vials instead.

>2. Some guards track outside of cities which makes it pretty
>difficult to play a wanted Maran. Even if one avoid cities you
>can still stumble upon a goodie mob that you one round outside
>of the Fortress.

I've always been fine with the fact that as a good-aligned character, you have to make a conscious decision to deal with the consequences of being wanted. I can't think of a really valid argument for making mobs that make sense to be good / wander/ track / etc. be otherwise for the sake of making life easier for wanted people. It's like saying, "Let's not put police on the street because well-meaning vigilante criminals might have to kill them."

>3. Galadon guards are good. I know they have been that for
>ages and are perhaps not likely to be changed now but I think
>the fun stick would increase in size if they were neutral.
>Mainly for goodie outlanders.

Again, this seems a tad "powergamey" almost. Good aligned Outlanders should have to deal with how to avoid these situations and how to handle them when they can't. Making good aligned mobs neutral just to let certain characters off seems weak.

>4. Mobs not repopping correctly. Most famous examples are some
>rats in the sewers and a guard with a key in Evermoon Hollow.
>While it is a minor nuisance as a vet it always feel like you
>are trying to explain a bug IC to newbies when you show them.
>Perhaps give the more common ones unique mobs?

Agreed on Evermoon. In the case of the sewers, I guess it's not hard to say "Kill ALL the rats". It's no harder than trying to explain what a "repop" is in the first place. It is annoying, though, especially for keys.

>5. The most used (probably) shield potion is not really
>available to goodies. Not a huge thing but would be nice if
>the mob was made neutral. As a goodie you do have access to
>some potions that evils don't but on the other hand there are
>a lot of evil shopkeepers with decent preps that it is hard to
>justify shopping in as a goodie.

*shrug* There's plenty of preps to go around. I'm sure the Imms have some game-balance related answer to this particular case. But ya, more preps plz.

>6. Maran powers not having helpfiles. I know there are IC ones
>but while it was somewhat understandable that they were hush
>hush in the beginning a long time has passed now. Zulghs (I
>guess) empire helpfiles are awesome as an example.
>

Agreed. I think it's just stupid that every "standard" ability (class, cabal, etc.) doesn't have a helpfile available to everyone. It's a game. A hard game with a huge learning curve. Ease up.

elmeri_Fri 12-Nov-10 01:53 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36331, "#1 especially is a big thing"
In response to Reply #0

it is just useless downtime, since everyone gets black and yellow roots, so it's just keeping a char from the game an extra 5-10 mins to get cash/go get roots every time he dies, instead of using ghost time to regear.

TheerklaFri 12-Nov-10 08:13 PM
1055 posts
#36337, "Not everyone."
In response to Reply #1

I don't use black roots as anything other than a backup to venom now that the rot death bug has been fixed, not worth the effort.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36329 Previous topic | Next topic