Subject: "Wizlist suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36169
Show all folders

ValkenarWed 03-Nov-10 05:08 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36169, "Wizlist suggestion"

The (somewhat) new listing of immortal times is great. I was wondering if whoever is in charge of it at the moment would consider putting a date last updated on it. The reason is that it's hard to know if your immortal is really available times or if they just were last year when it was last updated.

If there was a date last updated/verified it would help us to have an for which immortals the wizlist is definitely accurate. You still wouldn't know for immortals whose last update was a year ago (it still could be accurate) but it's a good bet that updates within the past couple months are still good. Or maybe this is checked and verified a lot more often than I think it is.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourThu 04-Nov-10 12:56 AM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36189, "RE: Wizlist suggestion"
In response to Reply #0

>The (somewhat) new listing of immortal times is great. I was
>wondering if whoever is in charge of it at the moment would
>consider putting a date last updated on it. The reason is that
>it's hard to know if your immortal is really available times
>or if they just were last year when it was last updated.
>
>If there was a date last updated/verified it would help us to
>have an for which immortals the wizlist is definitely
>accurate. You still wouldn't know for immortals whose last
>update was a year ago (it still could be accurate) but it's a
>good bet that updates within the past couple months are still
>good. Or maybe this is checked and verified a lot more often
>than I think it is.

I'm not a fan. It is up to each individual Immortal to keep them up to date. Adding in a last changed date isn't nearly as helpful as you want it to be, because they don't get updated all that often. Mine is still accurate, and hasnt' changed in 6 months. The best way to get ahold of any Immortal is email or note if you want somethign beyond what's currently in the wizlist.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

KoeKhaosWed 03-Nov-10 06:52 PM
400 posts
#36177, "This is a pretty good idea, I'd even make it further..."
In response to Reply #0

If possible make it actually take the online hours and aggregate them into a game generated time period based on the average of their aggregated times?

I have no idea if I said that right, but basically if an imm is around from anytime between 1200 to 1400 and 1800 to 2000 the game could automatically take all those times period for the month and average them to display Imm can be found around 1300 - 1900 game time. Something like that.

ZulghinlourThu 04-Nov-10 12:57 AM
9792 posts
#36190, "RE: This is a pretty good idea, I'd even make it furthe..."
In response to Reply #1

>If possible make it actually take the online hours and
>aggregate them into a game generated time period based on the
>average of their aggregated times?
>
>I have no idea if I said that right, but basically if an imm
>is around from anytime between 1200 to 1400 and 1800 to 2000
>the game could automatically take all those times period for
>the month and average them to display Imm can be found around
>1300 - 1900 game time. Something like that.

That wouldn't help you either. I'm online at all hours and a lot of that is idle, so it might tell you that I'm around from 1300-1900 but in reality hours I'm actually interacting are 2100-2400. Seems like an awful lot of mucking around to get the formula right when sending an email accomplishes the same thing.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #36169 Previous topic | Next topic