Subject: "Thieves Chant" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3528
Show all folders

fleshofchaosSat 17-Jan-04 09:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
133 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3528, "Thieves Chant"

As masters of stealth, I was thinkin’ it’d be groovy for thieves (and maybe assassin’s) to be able to communicate with each other, while staying hidden. I thought it would work like a cabal channel except it would work by rooms. Two thieves in the same room, communicate with a pattern of gestures and such and only the thieves in that room can hear, or see rather, what’s being said. Should another thief walk in, they too would see what’s being said. I suppose it’s only purpose would be to set of ambushes, backstabs, and what not without the pain of stepping out of the shadows every time you tell or having others see someone whispers to someone every time you wanna say something. I just thought it’d be another little groovy thing that makes life interesting.

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PhaistusSun 18-Jan-04 06:49 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2003
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3540, "Its called improved hide"
In response to Reply #0

The most stealthy of thieves have this where they can speak to anyone whilst remaining undetected.

On a side note I think the class name of thieves should be changed to rogue.

ZulghinlourSat 17-Jan-04 11:54 PM
9792 posts
#3534, "It's called thieves cant not chant (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

fleshofchaosSun 18-Jan-04 03:56 PM
133 posts
#3539, "but that's just it... theives cant!... why not? :)n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

XaannixSat 17-Jan-04 11:34 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3532, "I agree"
In response to Reply #0

You shouldnt see thieves or assassins nod at each other or whisper to each other if they are hidden. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of stealth.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3528 Previous topic | Next topic