Subject: "High Level Rangers (old skill, new idea)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3517
Show all folders

BalrahdSat 17-Jan-04 02:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
131 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3517, "High Level Rangers (old skill, new idea)"

It looks like 40+ rangers have a common theme to their complaints.. 2 or 3 "tricks" in their arsenal for PKs. So I have a suggestion:

Insect Swarm as a level 45 spell for rangers.

I know this might be a little out of balance, so I was thinking that maybe it could be slightly tweaked, so that it only prevents recall, and not all forms of magical transportation. For wood elves, however, it would prevent teleportation, as well. Like entangle, it could only be cast in a wilderness area.

As for "Why", it gives rangers an extra option in PK, adds a little oomph to the ranger "tricks" that already exist, and makes entering a wilderness area slightly more dangerous for opponents.

Comments?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Evil Genius (inactive user)Sun 18-Jan-04 07:10 PM
Charter member
#3542, "RE: High Level Rangers (old skill, new idea)"
In response to Reply #0

Rangers are all pk-whores these days anyway, so i see no reason to give them extra pk power.
With the advent of wilderness % rangers hide in the forests all day and so for excitement pk anyone who steps into them.

XaannixSun 18-Jan-04 10:03 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3543, "yeah, they are"
In response to Reply #1

but under very limited circumstances and areas. It aitn that easy, especially at hero, almost every class can easily kill you if they are at full health when you engage them, except assassins and thieves.
Given the ratio of caballed chars, for a ranger, its unlikely you will kill them because they just dont wonder in your areas. Also, you really have to catch someone with their pants down at hero, to kill them. Given your highly limited action zone, you can pretty much forget about it.

Play a high level ranger who isnt caballed and you try and kill heroes. You might get some but only if you get really lucky or the hero makes stupid mistakes. (Im assuming here most heroes dont suck that bad) This was about hero range pk, not lowbie, mid ranks, where rangers are powerful enough to compete with most classes.

BolderethTue 20-Jan-04 11:06 AM
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3558, "RE: yeah, they are"
In response to Reply #2

I never had trouble beating a lot of things actually.

Warriors, thieves, assassins, arcanes, conjurers, druids, healers, bards...those were all pretty easy to beat. People just got away very easily, that was my problem. Warriors especially except polespecs were rather simple to beat. Haste and aura are insanely easy to get for staff users and you can keep yourself at phenomenally low weight for superb dodging.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3517 Previous topic | Next topic