Subject: "Orc inherent/skill" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3330
Show all folders

CalionTue 23-Dec-03 04:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3330, "Orc inherent/skill"

The idea was actually posted by DC on the other board, but it seemed like a fitting utility skill for orcs, so I figured I'd pass it along here (with some modifications):

'Heightened sense of smell' which would allow orcs to sense/smell unseen (N)PCs (hidden, invis, duo, maybe camo) in the same room. They would only get an echo that Someone is there ("You sniff the air and pick up a scent that seems out of place here." or some such). Probability of detection would increase with each passing tick (~mid-tick?) that they are both in the same room. The skill would also have a timer, so orcs would have to choose when to use it and not be able to keep it up all the time.

Also as a means to counter it maybe also give trannies or air path invokers some kind of deodorant spell that would neutralize all smells.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SnytoTue 23-Dec-03 04:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
37 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3331, "RE: Orc inherent/skill"
In response to Reply #0

It might just be me, but I envision orcs as not the exactly most clean race in the world (think more along the lines of utterly stinking) and thus I believe such a skill would be rendered useless by the Orc's own body odor.

Just my $.02

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3330 Previous topic | Next topic