Subject: "Guild guardians in the Ruined City" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3299
Show all folders

VladamirThu 18-Dec-03 01:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3299, "Guild guardians in the Ruined City"

I'm not trying to complain. Well ok I am, but I'll try to make it constructive. Earlier this week, I attempted to kill a guild guard in the Ruined City. The paladin. Now, the sucker cons as killing him with my little finger, so I'm thinking "Hey, he's a guild guard. This shouldn't be too hard." I had a polearm spec duergar tanking for me, and I was another fighting class which I won't divulge. Needless to say, we were a pretty lethal combo, and certainly ought to be able to take out a mob conning as that easy to kill.

Two minutes later, we're both fleeing for our lives, near dead, and the little bastard was at a few scratches. Uhmm...think this should maybe be brought more in line with the other guild guards? When two post level 40 characters have a tougher time with something like a guild guard than they would with say, the Maran Tarabal, I think something is a little out of whack.

I don't know if the other guild guards in the city are this tough, but my god, come on.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply "help consider" (n/t), Sevarecan, 18-Dec-03 02:11 PM, #1
     Reply You missed the point...., Vladamir, 18-Dec-03 02:46 PM, #2
          Reply RE: You missed the point...., Zulghinlour, 18-Dec-03 03:06 PM, #3
               Reply RE: You missed the point...., Vladamir, 18-Dec-03 03:31 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: You missed the point...., Zulghinlour, 18-Dec-03 04:09 PM, #5
                         Reply See?!, Vladamir, 18-Dec-03 11:00 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: You missed the point...., Isildur, 19-Dec-03 12:59 AM, #7

SevarecanThu 18-Dec-03 02:11 PM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
76 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3300, ""help consider" (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

VladamirThu 18-Dec-03 02:46 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3301, "You missed the point...."
In response to Reply #1

The point is, the guildguards in the city (At least the paladin, I can't say about the others) are totally out of proportion to the guildguards anywhere else in the game, and far far tougher than (IMHO) they have any right to be, just being guildguards. Don't you think it's rediculous that a mere guildguard, would be far far harder to fight than a cabal guardian?

ZulghinlourThu 18-Dec-03 03:06 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3302, "RE: You missed the point...."
In response to Reply #2

>The point is, the guildguards in the city (At least the
>paladin, I can't say about the others) are totally out of
>proportion to the guildguards anywhere else in the game,

Actually...it's just as hard as the one in Galadon.

>and far far tougher than (IMHO) they have any right to be, just
>being guildguards.

Uhm...okay...

>Don't you think it's rediculous that a mere
>guildguard, would be far far harder to fight than a cabal
>guardian?

No...guild guards have the abilities of their guild (Paladin = wrath, two-handed strikes, etc), while cabal outer guardians are just big guys with lots of hit points. This doesn't surprise me at all.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

VladamirThu 18-Dec-03 03:31 PM
1179 posts
#3303, "RE: You missed the point...."
In response to Reply #3

>Actually...it's just as hard as the one in Galadon.

I walk through the guildguardian in galadon without any hassles whatsoever. This one made me flee while it was only at a few scratches. I just don't see them as being even close in power. It's possible there was some random freak happening going on, but I just don't think thats the case.

ZulghinlourThu 18-Dec-03 04:09 PM
9792 posts
#3304, "RE: You missed the point...."
In response to Reply #4

>
>>Actually...it's just as hard as the one in Galadon.
>
>I walk through the guildguardian in galadon without any
>hassles whatsoever. This one made me flee while it was only at
>a few scratches. I just don't see them as being even close in
>power. It's possible there was some random freak happening
>going on, but I just don't think thats the case.

I'm going to guess you "walk through" the one that didn't have the class set on it, the one that didn't actually do anything but stand there. That has now however been fixed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

VladamirThu 18-Dec-03 11:00 PM
1179 posts
#3306, "See?!"
In response to Reply #5

I KNEW there was a difference. I was really kind of hoping you'd make the other one easier to kill, and not make that one harder to kill. *wry* Oh well. At least they're equal now.

IsildurFri 19-Dec-03 12:59 AM
5969 posts
#3308, "RE: You missed the point...."
In response to Reply #5

And paladins everywhere rejoice.

For what its worth the assassin guild guard in Tar Valon is a bastard too. I remember trying to break in once so I could locate mark. Bad idea.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3299 Previous topic | Next topic