Subject: "Query regarding dodge and parry." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3258
Show all folders

BolderethSun 14-Dec-03 12:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3258, "Query regarding dodge and parry."

If you are unarmed, is dodge still checked even if a damage reducing parry check succeeds?

Let me clarify, if I lose my weapon and someone is attacking me, I succeed a parry therefore reducing the damage...does it take that and roll with it, or does it then go further and check if I can shield block or dodge that assault regardless of my having weakly parried it?

Am I more screwed being disarmed as a dodging class than wielding a weapon I stink at?

Just curious.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheTue 16-Dec-03 08:16 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3275, "RE: Query regarding dodge and parry."
In response to Reply #0

I don't believe you parry at all empty-handed, unless you have one of the skills that allows that.

The helpfiles may be out of date.

BolderethTue 16-Dec-03 12:29 PM
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3281, "Ah, many thanks. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

IsildurTue 16-Dec-03 01:42 PM
5969 posts
#3283, "RE: Query regarding dodge and parry."
In response to Reply #1

Is the dual-wield/h2h code at least smart enough to take ironhands into account when a h2h spec is wielding a weapon and has it disarmed?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3258 Previous topic | Next topic