Subject: "idea: paladin guilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3212
Show all folders

IsildurMon 08-Dec-03 05:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3212, "idea: paladin guilds"

Put pits in paladin guilds similar to the pits at temples. Would prevent conjurers from getting free gear by sending in their familiar.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply personally I am against stashing in guilds, incognito, 10-Dec-03 08:41 AM, #7
Reply RE: personally I am against stashing in guilds, fleshofchaos, 10-Dec-03 08:30 PM, #9
     Reply RE: personally I am against stashing in guilds, Pendragon_Surtr, 11-Dec-03 05:56 PM, #10
Reply but isn't that half the fun?, fleshofchaos, 09-Dec-03 07:46 AM, #1
     Reply RE: but isn't that half the fun?, Isildur, 09-Dec-03 10:27 AM, #2
          Reply well, that's a little different, fleshofchaos, 09-Dec-03 09:56 PM, #3
               Reply RE: well, that's a little different, Isildur, 10-Dec-03 01:45 AM, #4
                    Reply well, either way..., fleshofchaos, 10-Dec-03 02:54 AM, #5
                         Reply Since I have a mean streak, Theerkla, 10-Dec-03 08:20 AM, #6
                         Reply RE: well, either way..., Isildur, 10-Dec-03 10:46 AM, #8

incognitoWed 10-Dec-03 08:41 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3227, "personally I am against stashing in guilds"
In response to Reply #0

I think there is a problem when the paladin guild is richer than the thieves' guild on account of all the equipment lying on the ground.

I think it is bad for game balance that paladins end up with hero gear at lvl 11 because it gets deposited in their guild on a regular basis.

Therefore I am in favor of making it easier for people to steal.

fleshofchaosWed 10-Dec-03 08:30 PM
133 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3231, "RE: personally I am against stashing in guilds"
In response to Reply #7

>I think there is a problem when the paladin guild is richer
>than the thieves' guild on account of all the equipment lying
>on the ground.

Yeah I have a problem with that myself. What the hell is wrong with the chest in the thieves guild? I fill it up and the next time I log on it's empty? I fill again, and again it's empty? I know another thief better not be stealing everything out of it, which makes be wonder, is that normal or does the chest not survive crashes/reboots? I'd think, because of it's nature, it's be strong enough to survive them.

>I think it is bad for game balance that paladins end up with
>hero gear at lvl 11 because it gets deposited in their guild
>on a regular basis.

Don't worry, I hate seeing that too so when I do I make it a point to rob them blind, that'll even the score a bit.. cause you know those greedy bastards can't just take what they need, no, they take everything lying on the ground thinkin' their gonna sell or trade it for something else,... hehehe, not if I'm around!

>Therefore I am in favor of making it easier for people to
>steal.
I'll second that. Of course.

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

Pendragon_SurtrThu 11-Dec-03 05:56 PM
193 posts
#3238, "RE: personally I am against stashing in guilds"
In response to Reply #9

You mean there is a way to open the chest? I have tried and tried to pick that thing, maybe you just have to be higher level.

fleshofchaosTue 09-Dec-03 07:46 AM
133 posts
#3215, " but isn't that half the fun?"
In response to Reply #0

if you can't send your pet to do things you can't, what good are they?

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

IsildurTue 09-Dec-03 10:27 AM
5969 posts
#3216, "RE: but isn't that half the fun?"
In response to Reply #1

Yes. One thing you can't do, for instance, is send your familiar into cabal headquarters to loot gear left at their inner guardians.

fleshofchaosTue 09-Dec-03 09:56 PM
133 posts
#3222, "well, that's a little different"
In response to Reply #2

Yes, that's true. But you also can't simply walk up and kill the cabal guard and walk inside and grab it yourself, as easily as you can a guild. Cabals are a little different than guilds, as you alreay know. Guilds, in my book, are havens but your still vulnerable in them. A guild is like a school, where as a Cabal Hall is more like a government building. One is just naturally harder to get into than the other.

IsildurWed 10-Dec-03 01:45 AM
5969 posts
#3223, "RE: well, that's a little different"
In response to Reply #3

I have no problem with a conjurer (or anybody else) breaking into the paladin's guild and picking up whatever's in the pit. The way things stand now, though, no paladin should ever leave anything on the ground in his guild. (Unless he wants it to go straight to the first lowbie conjurer who logs on with a familiar that can pick up items.)

It may be by design that the guild floor not be a "safe" place to leave gear. And I'm fine with that. Yet, if so, the paladins of the world surely don't act that way. My lowbie conjurers have consistently gotten useful gear by just having their familiars loot the Galadon guild.

I could also see role-play justification for paladins to have their own pit, since their guild is already a chapel of sorts.

fleshofchaosWed 10-Dec-03 02:54 AM
133 posts
#3224, "well, either way..."
In response to Reply #4

I understand what your saying. But I don't see why a paladin wouldn't still leave things on the their floor. If they left them on the floor, then they want them to go to those less fortunate, so if a conjurer sends his pet in to gather them, then to me, the paladin has achieved his goal.

Any paladin not leaving spare things on the floor simply because he doesn't want them to go to anyone except another paladin, is being biased and selfish. Something I feel a paladin should never be. Not to mention, 90% of the time (or should be at least) the paladin would gladly give them the armor, should they ask. (unless evil or some logical reason)

And while we're on the subject of paladin niceness... I'm beginning to see that less and less paladin's are actually acting like paladins. Although it could just be me and the few I'm talked to, but it seems that the light in general is slipping. But I have, recently, seen some very upstanding lightwalkers, and I congratulate thee.

TheerklaWed 10-Dec-03 08:20 AM
1055 posts
#3226, "Since I have a mean streak"
In response to Reply #5

The Galadon guildmaster is aggressive to any non-paladin PC. Why not just have him treat familiars the same way. That would likely change things right quick.

IsildurWed 10-Dec-03 10:46 AM
5969 posts
#3228, "RE: well, either way..."
In response to Reply #5

The conjurer could be evil. Or he could just be snatching stuff he doesn't need in order to trade it later.

Paladins presumably want their stuff to go to other goodies, not just paladins. But since all paladins are good, most think leaving it on the guild floor is a good way to ensure it goes to someone good-aligned. Except that's not necessarily the case.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3212 Previous topic | Next topic