Subject: "wah wah wah pt. 2" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3180
Show all folders

IsildurSat 06-Dec-03 02:22 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3180, "wah wah wah pt. 2"

Allow elf/drow to sacrifice iron/mithril items on the ground.

Main reason: disarm is {somewhat} useless for elf/drow when their oponent's weapon is iron/mithril, which is most of the time.

Unless of course the elf/drow has a non-elf/drow merc they can order to pick up the disarmed weapon. But it's sort of silly to expect all elf/drow with the disarm skill to carry mercs around 24/7 in order to make {good} use of disarm.

Here's a secondary whine: let them use iron keys.

Reasoning: elves/drow hate iron/mithril. It creeps them out so much they'd never consider wearing it on their body *for an extended perioe of time*. But I could see them possibly being able to handle wrapping the "handle" end of a key in cloth and holding it for the 10 seconds it takes to unlock a door.

Balancing idea: have it affect their morale like hydrophobia does for water-fearing races. Any time an elf/drow sacrifices an iron/mithril item or uses an iron/mithril key they get some sort of "metal-a-phobia" affect that screws with their morale.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ORBSat 06-Dec-03 08:14 AM
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3183, "RE: wah wah wah pt. 2"
In response to Reply #0

This is a great idea. It always bothered me that elves/drow have god-like intelligence but never thought of wrapping some of their cloak around a mithril/iron key to use it. Also allow drow/elves to wield mithril/iron weapons if they have proper hand wear on. If I'm wearing thick steel gauntlets, do I have to worry about the iron touching my hand? Besides in the description of most iron/mithril weapons their hilt isn't made of that material.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

IsildurSat 06-Dec-03 11:29 AM
5969 posts
#3189, "RE: wah wah wah pt. 2"
In response to Reply #1

Personally, allowing them to wield iron/mithril weapons seems like too drastic a change. I'm not in favor of them being able to have any "extended" contact with iron/mithril.

That said, felar can wield blades of flame, flaming ribs, wavedancers, maces of fire and water, etc. so maybe there's precedent for letting elf/drow do the same.

But I'm still against it. It would neuter the iron/mithril vuln a little too much.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3180 Previous topic | Next topic