Subject: "Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2559
Show all folders

kellog (inactive user)Thu 09-Oct-03 05:24 PM
Charter member
#2559, "Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change?"

Does gang-bang code affect servitors?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change..., Valguarnera, 09-Oct-03 11:14 PM, #1
     Reply Question then..., Vladamir, 10-Oct-03 03:46 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Question then..., Valguarnera, 10-Oct-03 04:24 AM, #3
          Reply I wish Lakina or the other shifter had logs..., Vladamir, 10-Oct-03 03:40 PM, #6
               Reply Oh, I know what THAT is, nepenthe, 10-Oct-03 05:25 PM, #7
                    Reply Uhh.., Vladamir, 11-Oct-03 03:13 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: Uhh.., Boldereth, 11-Oct-03 06:00 PM, #9
                         Reply Don't leave us hanging like this!, kellog (Anonymous), 12-Oct-03 10:02 PM, #10
                              Reply Two air forms fighting in the same room (n/t), Alanon, 26-Oct-03 01:04 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Uhh.., nepenthe, 13-Oct-03 12:37 AM, #11
                              Reply Wow. Thanks a bunch., Vladamir, 14-Oct-03 12:38 AM, #12
                                   Reply In case that wasn't sarcastic, a little more:, nepenthe, 14-Oct-03 07:05 AM, #13
                                        Reply Nope, I was 100% sarcasm free. For once., Vladamir, 19-Oct-03 01:29 AM, #14
     Reply Please correct my misconception., kellog (Anonymous), 10-Oct-03 05:32 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Please correct my misconception., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 10-Oct-03 05:37 AM, #5

ValguarneraThu 09-Oct-03 11:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2563, "RE: Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change..."
In response to Reply #0

Only in situations involving the skills in question. While this could enter into some solo situations (some demons bash, etc.), it's more likely to come into play if you are grouped with someone with those skills. Necromancers and druids may feel a similar pinch.

This is, of course, small compared to the effect on those classes which actually have those skills. One thing that you in particular often underestimate is that from a PK standpoint you're interested in relative power, not absolute. While an evil conjurer takes a small downturn, warriors, APs, rangers, assassins, etc. are more effected. It's probably about a net neutral.

Given the other recent improvements to the evil side of the conjurer class (demons, etc.), I don't think it's a big deal.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VladamirFri 10-Oct-03 03:46 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#2564, "Question then..."
In response to Reply #1

It's been said that those skills were the only things affected. But just before my last death with Nampnotble, I couldn't hit the target at the same time as my groupmates. They also experienced the same problems. My assumption from this, was that it was due to the anti-ganging code, since I had never gotten echoes like that before.

ValguarneraFri 10-Oct-03 04:24 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2565, "RE: Question then..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm not aware of whatever change you're talking about. There's one ability that can do that, but it is not new at all.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VladamirFri 10-Oct-03 03:40 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#2579, "I wish Lakina or the other shifter had logs..."
In response to Reply #3

It was something I had never seen before, so I assumed it was part of the recent anti-gang code. Our group were completely unable to hit this guy more than one at a time, as shifters. It wasn't the anti-ganging legacy, because I've seen that. We got very specific messages about how the other shifter was in our way, and prevented us from being able to hit the target etc etc.

nepentheFri 10-Oct-03 05:25 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2580, "Oh, I know what THAT is"
In response to Reply #6

And it's something Cador put in, if that tells you anything about how old it is.

VladamirSat 11-Oct-03 03:13 PM
1179 posts
#2590, "Uhh.."
In response to Reply #7

I've been playing CF since just a few weeks after it opened, and this is the first time I have EVER had that happen to me. Ermm...Seriously man, if it was something that old, with as many characters as I've played in the last 9 years, don't you think I'd have seen it by now? My groupmates also said they had never seen it before either.

BolderethSat 11-Oct-03 06:00 PM
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2591, "RE: Uhh.."
In response to Reply #8

I guess not man.

kellog (inactive user)Sun 12-Oct-03 10:02 PM
Charter member
#2592, "Don't leave us hanging like this!"
In response to Reply #9

"oh, I know what that is"...

What was it? =P Why hasn't this guy seen it in all of his time
playing shifters.

AlanonSun 26-Oct-03 01:04 PM
Member since 03rd May 2003
22 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2738, "Two air forms fighting in the same room (n/t)"
In response to Reply #10

n/t

nepentheMon 13-Oct-03 12:37 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2599, "RE: Uhh.."
In response to Reply #8

The criteria for it to happen are fairly narrow, although in many ways less so than when it was originally implemented due to changes in the class and the game in general.

VladamirTue 14-Oct-03 12:38 AM
1179 posts
#2615, "Wow. Thanks a bunch."
In response to Reply #11

That was actually really useful. Not quite pointing out exactly what had happened spoonfeeding me useful, but now I know at least what to watch for in the future again. Thank you.

nepentheTue 14-Oct-03 07:05 AM
3430 posts
#2619, "In case that wasn't sarcastic, a little more:"
In response to Reply #12

All of the forms can have happen what you saw happen have something in common, and in most cases a high-level shifter will have a form that won't have that problem in that circumstance.

VladamirSun 19-Oct-03 01:29 AM
1179 posts
#2657, "Nope, I was 100% sarcasm free. For once."
In response to Reply #13

I think I know what you're getting at now, and if it is what I think then I'm 100% surprised I hadn't seen it before now. Again, thank you for helping to fill in the blanks some, and in case I haven't said it recently enough you guys working so hard on the mud we all enjoy really is appreciated.

(#### you all, no I'm not drunk. I do from time to time show my appreciation to the imms here, and post non sarcastic posts. I just don't usually combine the two)

kellog (inactive user)Fri 10-Oct-03 05:32 AM
Charter member
#2567, "Please correct my misconception."
In response to Reply #1

I thought a big selling point of Chaotic Evil druids was that they were a mage that stunned ppl. I see demons doing less damage then angels, and I _assumed_ that it in exchange for the stunning + bashing that they did.

Isn't this a major setback to chaotic evil servitors?

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 10-Oct-03 05:37 AM
Charter member
#2568, "RE: Please correct my misconception."
In response to Reply #4

You're incorrect.
In general.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2559 Previous topic | Next topic