Subject: "Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2340
Show all folders

BeastMon 22-Sep-03 03:36 AM
Member since 04th Jul 2003
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2340, "Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"

Alright, let me explain the situation. I get slept by an anoymous bard and transmuter. No biggie, I've had worse. As I'm getting every song and spell cast on me, I know they can't keep me there that well so I'll be able to flee right?

Wrong.

Exhibit A: Crushing hand wand with 2 round lag.
or as I like to call it...
Trannie with a smackdown hand.

I'm awakend with this spell right off the bat. Now, the staff of striking is no where near as bad since the lag is 3 rounds and you can't start with it - but no, I get awakend and am immediately lagged for 2 rounds. Don't mind the also OBLIT it does through 2 softens, and even the staff has 3 round lag to let you TRY and flee...

The rest is gory details and a lot of swearing, but essentially I was perm-lagged by a transmuter ALONE with this wand. One person mentions it on Dio's forum about 3 days ago, now I've seen four seperate people with it. Quite honestly, this has seriously got to be looked at. Any wand-using class can now lag as decent as a warrior practically.

Beast

PS. Don't give me "you need saves!" I had well protected vs spells and somewhat protected vs paralysis. And don't give me "it doesn't always work!" That was 3 times in a row, 6 rounds of one command allowed which failed (PANIC). The wand is also real easy to get compared to it's lagging ability, even for a trannie.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), Valguarnera, 22-Sep-03 12:14 PM, #11
Reply random thoughts, incognito, 22-Sep-03 12:12 PM, #10
Reply Or..., Shadowmaster, 22-Sep-03 11:30 AM, #9
Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), nepenthe, 22-Sep-03 10:50 AM, #3
Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), Beast, 22-Sep-03 11:02 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), nepenthe, 22-Sep-03 11:17 AM, #7
Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), fleshofchaos, 22-Sep-03 07:15 AM, #2
Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), Beast, 22-Sep-03 11:04 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), fleshofchaos, 22-Sep-03 11:17 AM, #8
Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 22-Sep-03 04:20 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read), Beast, 22-Sep-03 11:00 AM, #4

ValguarneraMon 22-Sep-03 12:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2353, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #0

Don't mind the also OBLIT it does through 2 softens,

As far as I can tell, there's exactly one wand that has this spell, and it's fairly low level. The damage is good but not exceptional, and it's appropriately difficult to obtain at that level. Lots of things hurt with sufficient softening.

Quite honestly, this has seriously got to be looked at.

I looked at it. You're on drugs. It cannot permalag. Saving throws matter. Stop crying.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

incognitoMon 22-Sep-03 12:12 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2352, "random thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

There has been a pebble-to-boulder wand in the game for a long time. Not necessarily relevant as by the time you can get it your opponents will probably not be too worried about it any more.

Was the bard also roundhousing you to remove your chance to squeeze commands in between crushing blows?

Was the trannie able to land a heavy neuro on you instead given lack of baning while slept, and then spam neuro, bearing in mind bards can prevent you accessing your cabal powers at higher level if they fall?

You seem to know where this wand is. If you could find out quickly, and haven't taken advantage of the posting on Dios, presumably others could too, Dio's or no Dio's. I don't remember the wand being named in the log, or its location mentioned, though I could be wrong about that. Maybe you need to get someone who can hide to wait by the wand an pk anyone who comes for it.

Disclaimer: I don't know where that wand is, nor do I know anyone that uses it.

ShadowmasterMon 22-Sep-03 11:30 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2351, "Or..."
In response to Reply #0

They could make the wands harder to get or moved altogether because it's obvious their secrecy as a prep has been compromised. I can also vouch for the # of people I've seen with these wands lately as well. Just out of curiousity, would you have felt better about the death if you had been frozen with a neuro and then crushed by the wand?

nepentheMon 22-Sep-03 10:50 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2345, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #0

>That was 3 times in a row, 6 rounds
>of one command allowed which failed (PANIC).

If you could actually do this with crushing hand I might agree with you, but you can't.

BeastMon 22-Sep-03 11:02 AM
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2347, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #3

What's not possible?

Maybe it was lag so I didn't get more commands in, but he did it every 2 rounds. I'm 99% positive on this, and wish I had the log. Could you check just for my sanity?

Beast

nepentheMon 22-Sep-03 11:17 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2349, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #5

At its best, crushing hand is trip with a saving throw. You will always get a command between hands if you don't waste it.

I could see crushing hand being treated like pebble to boulder by the new anti-ganging code if it isn't already. In a non-extreme-ganging situation, any character that is set up (which includes, but is not nearly limited to even at the gearing level, saving throw equipment) to die to this tactic is also going to die to about a thousand much easier to execute tactics.

fleshofchaosMon 22-Sep-03 07:15 AM
133 posts
#2343, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #0

>Quite honestly,
>this has seriously got to be looked at. Any wand-using class
>can now lag as decent as a warrior practically.

Oh no, heaven forbid they actually HAVE a fighting chance.
Well good for them. They have found a way to even up the score a little. I know that spreading an ability among many classes (a lagging one for example) tends to 'water it down', but at least now maybe they will be able to stay in their skin long enough to breathe.

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

BeastMon 22-Sep-03 11:04 AM
34 posts
#2348, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #2

Alright, give wand users bashing. And give warriors aura/barrier/shield/wither/crushinghand....oh wait, let's not spread the ability among the classes - it'll water it down. That has gotta be the dumbest reason I've ever heard. Give mages a fighting chance? What, necromancers, invokers, anti-paladins, transmuters are all at the bottom of the food chain? They just suck? What was frosted on your flakes this morning, crack?

Beast

fleshofchaosMon 22-Sep-03 11:17 AM
133 posts
#2350, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #6

>Alright, give wand users bashing. And give warriors
>aura/barrier/shield/wither/crushinghand....oh wait, let's not
>spread the ability among the classes - it'll water it down.

Giving a class a skill or spell and allowing them to 'find' and object that 'grants' them that skill or spell is two different things. Warriors have plenty of fighting skills and defense skills, therefor they have no need for barrier etc. etc.

>Give mages a fighting chance? What, necromancers, invokers,
>anti-paladins, transmuters are all at the bottom of the food
>chain? They just suck?

No, but mages at lower levels can be at the bottom of the food chain. However, like everything in life, if you know what your doing (and obviously they did) you can turn the tables and put the odds more in your favor.

What was frosted on your flakes this
>morning, crack?

Nope, I had a milk and cookie.

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Mon 22-Sep-03 04:20 AM
Charter member
#2341, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #0

Just like your Tat power was just a TAD overpowered? But not according to you? Right.

BeastMon 22-Sep-03 11:00 AM
34 posts
#2346, "RE: Isn't this just a TAD overpowered? (Read)"
In response to Reply #1

All they did was change the amount of time it lasted. The power is the same and they didn't change it all. So um, no, it's not.

Beast

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2340 Previous topic | Next topic