Subject: "The Planters of the Forests..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #230
Show all folders

GoodLuckDie (Guest)Thu 21-Mar-02 11:53 AM

#230, "The Planters of the Forests..."

Hm, seems as though quite a few people seem to have very big ambitions out there in the world of CF. Some of them attempt to complete quests which will get their names carved into the hall of fame here on the site. Others try to go for the ultimate mortal power by trying to become a Lich. And there are others who simply won't rest till they've become one of the immortals themselves, or even higher. My ultimate goal in Thera however is a little less drastic and a little more modest than all of this.

I've been playing CF (which happens to be my first MUD ever) for about 3 months now, and I've had my share of pk'ing, exploring and experimentation with nearly all classes and races. I've done it, and I've fallen victim to it. And now, I feel like I'm ready to go for my true character... The one I'm planning to go for very high levels with. A human or a wood-elf Druid. I got seriously inspired by running into a Druid a few days back who had the title "The Planter of Forests". Now I'm not going to bore you guys with the entire background on why I'm so utterly facinated by the Druid Class, but considering the Druid is one of the classes that requires empowerment and considering I'm still an intermediate player, it's probably safe to say I could really use all the advice on this I can get.

Hence this request. A request to everyone who has experience with the Druid class or with any of the classes that require empowerment in general. Please, just bombard me with advice of any kind relating to this matter. I'd be most grateful. And thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PicoSat 23-Mar-02 11:09 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
586 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#231, "RE: The Planters of the Forests..."
In response to Reply #0

I'd say the most important thing is to understand how you as a druid relate to the sphere you've chosen. (Actually IC you should probably think of it as the sphere having chosen you.) When you are empowered, you are drawing the power behind your supplications from the sphere itself. The process of empowerment is to see whether or not your character is "in tune" with that sphere to enough of an extent that you're capable of channeling its power.

BolderethThu 21-Mar-02 12:18 PM
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#232, "RE: The Planters of the Forests..."
In response to Reply #0

Search this site and Dioxide's religion pages. Find a religion that you really like and can play and roleplay well. After this, you're going to want to see what sphere's your God guards (help pantheon) and choose one of those spheres. Empowerment means that your god is allowing you access to one of the spheres s/he guards so aim for that goal. As my own personal belief, druids and other clerical classes are very tough for beginners, especially druids since terrain and geographical knowledge is pretty important, but if you are having fun with the character, that is all that matters. The rest comes with time and effort.

jasminThu 21-Mar-02 12:53 PM
237 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#233, "I think you just found your mentor right there"
In response to Reply #1

Boldereth is the man when it comes to druids. You have to keep track of the phase of the moon so on and so forth. You might even ask him to let you in on his customized prompt, because if I remember right he said he has the moon phase on there and stuff.

ValguarneraThu 21-Mar-02 02:36 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#234, "RE: I think you just found your mentor right there"
In response to Reply #2

You might even ask him to let you in on his customized prompt, because if I remember right he said he has the moon phase on there and stuff.

Or just read "help prompt". It's a standard option.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

BolderethThu 21-Mar-02 02:50 PM
197 posts
#235, "Hey!!"
In response to Reply #3

No need to steal my thunder!!! *wink* The moon phase thing is great btw, handy dandy. Help prompt if you wish to know how to set it up.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #230 Previous topic | Next topic