Subject: "Who was the most deathful human warrior of all time? n/..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21899
Show all folders

StunnaTue 29-Jul-08 09:24 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21899, "Who was the most deathful human warrior of all time? n/t"

Was it Cathoria? Wasn't that because of dash triggers more than anything? Was there a 2nd place?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Perhaps you need a better definition, Eshval, 31-Jul-08 08:23 PM, #14
Reply Probably Lachdanan, Abernyte, 30-Jul-08 06:27 AM, #1
     Reply Memories..., Stunna, 30-Jul-08 07:37 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Memories..., Isildur, 30-Jul-08 08:01 AM, #3
               Reply RE: Memories..., Daevryn, 30-Jul-08 09:50 AM, #4
               Reply Always with the Challen..., Twist, 30-Jul-08 10:34 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: Always with the Challen..., Isildur, 30-Jul-08 10:51 AM, #6
                    Reply Where is that tool now?, Dragomir, 30-Jul-08 11:07 AM, #7
                    Reply RE: Where is that tool now?, Isildur, 30-Jul-08 01:16 PM, #8
                    Reply Wow. Didn't expect Kaisse to be in there..., GinGa, 31-Jul-08 11:31 AM, #10
                         Reply I loved Kaisse, Baerinika, 31-Jul-08 02:46 PM, #11
                              Reply Heh, I took the ganks as compliments., GinGa, 31-Jul-08 07:43 PM, #13
                    Reply And there sure ain't any Air Pippens, Stunna, 30-Jul-08 01:58 PM, #9
                         Reply http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Air+Pippen, Martainn, 31-Jul-08 04:22 PM, #12

EshvalThu 31-Jul-08 08:23 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21916, "Perhaps you need a better definition"
In response to Reply #0

I have witness a number of characters who were deathful, but by this I mean they very numerous and innovative ways of dying. I see deathful as creative dying by the character. Some characters even found a preferred method of dying, sometimes repeating it two or three times.

Perhaps we should pay tribute to those special characters.

eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them. - Source unknown

AbernyteWed 30-Jul-08 06:27 AM
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21901, "Probably Lachdanan"
In response to Reply #0

but....

He was a sword spec when they were seriously overpowered and then he became a 'blooded knight of thera' so had force duel to crank up more PKs.

The most deathful always tend to have some combo thats toned down.

-----Abernyte

StunnaWed 30-Jul-08 07:37 AM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21902, "Memories..."
In response to Reply #1

Lachdanan was the shiznit. I remember my first encounter with him was back when empire was like, nine moves through the mountains (that's right mountains, newbies) north of Balator. I was poking around getting practice weapons and saw a group of Knights bound for the Citadel, I walked in the room with them and he was like all like, "Stay back here, young one, danger lies over the ridges." or something along those lines... anyways, it was sweet.

IsildurWed 30-Jul-08 08:01 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21903, "RE: Memories..."
In response to Reply #2

Was Challen human?

DaevrynWed 30-Jul-08 09:50 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#21905, "RE: Memories..."
In response to Reply #3

Storm, I think.

TwistWed 30-Jul-08 10:34 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#21906, "Always with the Challen..."
In response to Reply #3

Yes, Challen. The Michael Jordan of Blooded Knights to my (Lachanan's) Scottie Pippen. Can't ever talk about Lachanan (Pippen) without talking about Challen (Jordan) can we?

On a more serious note, a ton of Lachdanan's pkwins came when he was in a 100+K exp hole at 35 after getting flagged/deaded several times. Not to say I didn't kill several after that, but up in the hero ranges, sword/hth warrior wasn't so awesome against pretty much anyone non-melee (Kah, for instance, owned me 100%, to the point where I wouldn't even try to FD him, I'd just try to catch him by surprise with protective shield/fly/sanc down).

I'd vote for whichever human warrior was listed above, one of Marcus' I believe(?) over Lachdanan in terms of deathfulness.

IsildurWed 30-Jul-08 10:51 AM
5969 posts
#21907, "RE: Always with the Challen..."
In response to Reply #5

According to the sorting tool Gabe cooked up that uses PBF stats, the top 5 in terms of PK wins are:

Cathoria, 199-28 in 226 hours
Chanya, 143-17 in 119 hours
Kaisse, 94-77 in 365 hours
Aciela, 83-58 in 120 hours
Sananto, 80-37 in 255 hours

Chanya and Aciela were evil, while the rest were neutral. First two were outlanders and the other three were ragers. The top good-aligned human warriors based on total PK wins:

Zambirro, 55-25 in 242 hours
Manden, 47-16 in 418 hours

DragomirWed 30-Jul-08 11:07 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21908, "Where is that tool now?"
In response to Reply #6

I was searching for it a couple days ago and couldn't find it anywhere. I thought maybe I was dreaming when I first saw it. Or drunk.

IsildurWed 30-Jul-08 01:16 PM
5969 posts
#21910, "RE: Where is that tool now?"
In response to Reply #7

http://www.qhcf.net/premium/pkstats.php

It's not updated w/ the latest PBF data though.

GinGaThu 31-Jul-08 11:31 AM
996 posts
#21912, "Wow. Didn't expect Kaisse to be in there..."
In response to Reply #6

I guess more than anything that shows how rarely people go pure human warrior. Once they hit hero, there's not a huge advantage they hold over any other race.

BaerinikaThu 31-Jul-08 02:46 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#21913, "I loved Kaisse"
In response to Reply #10

But I was playing Battle at the time and we hung out a fair amount. Still, I always really loved the style of that character and how well you rolled with your (many) deaths.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

GinGaThu 31-Jul-08 07:37 PM
996 posts
#21915, "Heh, I took the ganks as compliments."
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Thu 31-Jul-08 07:43 PM

When the imperials would actually wait for their 7nth gankmate before coming for me, it was like watching a steroid buffed, rabid bear-elephant-Mr.T crossbreed adjust it's Bling, eye me up and then decide it needs to drop one of it's 4 katanas for a rocket powered chainsaw. Against odds like that, I'd actually be smiling if I just managed to mess his mohawk up before waking up at the temple.

It was also what catapulted me into a higher level of pk skill. Minimalism and danger combined with pure stubborness to temper me into a nightmare. After a while, I learned just how deadly you can be on a 15 minute regear... Assuming the Emperor hadn't placed my leader weapon on the galadon mayor and gone to camp in the hidden room again. Then it took me 20 minutes

I think this is definitive proof that ganking has ALWAYS been a problem. People today have no idea how good they have it.

Yhorian

Edit: Is it wrong that thinking back to how much I got my arse kicked makes me want to roll again? This game has turned me into a true masochist.

StunnaWed 30-Jul-08 01:58 PM
1048 posts
#21911, "And there sure ain't any Air Pippens"
In response to Reply #5

And yes, Challen was a storm giant.

MartainnThu 31-Jul-08 04:22 PM
Member since 19th Nov 2004
28 posts
#21914, "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Air+Pippen"
In response to Reply #9

NT.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21899 Previous topic | Next topic