Subject: "Word of recall" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #209
Show all folders

Marcus_Wed 20-Mar-02 03:54 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#209, "Word of recall"

Being the notorious hater of transportation spells that I am, I just came up with a brilliant idea.

Instead of having word of recall bring you instantly out of whatever troubles you might have gotten yourself into, make it work like this:

c word
You feel a force building up inside you.

... a while later, maybe 7-8 seconds

<insert You are worded! message here>
The Dark Temple

-M

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourWed 20-Mar-02 02:06 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#210, "I really don't see this happening (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

SerimWed 20-Mar-02 09:01 AM
0 posts
#211, "RE: Word of recall"
In response to Reply #0

Hmm, that would be to make it completly useless in pk as you then would lag yourself 3-5 rounds. At lower levels 3 rounds is often enough for a warrior to finish a mage...

Marcus_Wed 20-Mar-02 09:16 AM
681 posts
#212, "RE: Word of recall"
In response to Reply #1

>>Hmm, that would be to make it completly useless in pk as you then would lag yourself 3-5 rounds.

I did not say that the lag on the spell should increase to more than 1 round. If you think about it, the spell would actually get some new uses in the hands of an intelligent mage.

Also, it would be far from useless to get away from pk. The number of situation where it's the preferrable method of escape would decrease slightly though.

XanthraillesWed 20-Mar-02 11:32 AM
391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#213, "This was already done."
In response to Reply #2

I am pretty sure you took this idea from Riftshadow. I personally disliked it for a number of reasons. The first being if you failed you won't know for three rounds if you need to recast it or not. Warriors have plenty of ways to lag an opponent you may not be able to get a command in until gushing and by then three rounds against a berserker you could very likely be dead. The game has been balanced a lot lately with the limiting of wands and the changes to shifters. I just brought up shifters because of the post lower in the thread. Air majors have been weakened quite a bit if you know how to combat them.

Marcus_Wed 20-Mar-02 12:17 PM
681 posts
#214, "RE: This was already done."
In response to Reply #3

> I am pretty sure you took this idea from Riftshadow.

Nah. Took it from a nethack-like game, but graphical, crossfire.

>The first being if you failed you won't know for three rounds if you need to recast it or not.

I assume you mean failing due to curse spell/norecall rooms... You won't have to sit idle, waiting for spell to go off. After you cast it , you'll have two rounds to get away from whatever dangers might be nearby.

>Warriors have plenty of ways to lag an opponent you may not be able to get a command in until gushing and by then three rounds against a berserker you could very likely be dead.
Pretty much why I want this change. Alot of mages I fight won't even use the flee command anymore. At the slightest hint of trouble, it's 'c word' ... This will make makes put atleast a little bit of effort into escaping pks. Even though it's a very little one.

>The game has been balanced a lot lately with the limiting of wands and the changes to shifters.
>I just brought up shifters because of the post lower in the thread.
>Air majors have been weakened quite a bit if you know how to combat them.
Indeed. This will hardly affect the killing potential of mages, or anything like that. However, I find word of recall to be an extremely cheesy mean of safe escape. Word also makes alot of fights quite pointless, since you know your opponent will just word out the instant he thinks he'll lose.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #209 Previous topic | Next topic