Subject: "Lore improvement" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2014
Show all folders

Marcus_Mon 18-Aug-03 05:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2014, "Lore improvement"

I read not long ago that lore has been made easier to improve. My current char has lored about 600 times with no improvements, according to a grep from my log file. Am I just unlucky?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply As much as I hate to say it, Rade, 22-Aug-03 01:58 PM, #9
Reply RE: Lore improvement, Vladamir, 20-Aug-03 05:12 PM, #8
Reply I think lore goes up faster on higher level items- - no..., ehefala, 19-Aug-03 03:34 AM, #5
Reply Don't think in terms of attempts, think in terms of hou..., Balrahd, 19-Aug-03 12:08 AM, #4
Reply I know the feeling., Zepachu, 18-Aug-03 05:55 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I know the feeling., Quislet, 18-Aug-03 08:13 PM, #2
          Reply 17 int and rack up another 60 attempts with no improvem..., Zepachu, 18-Aug-03 09:39 PM, #3
               Reply Lore is VERY easy to master with zero effort on your pa..., Laearrist, 19-Aug-03 05:48 PM, #6
                    Reply Uh, yeah., Zepachu, 20-Aug-03 09:22 AM, #7

RadeFri 22-Aug-03 01:58 PM
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2063, "As much as I hate to say it"
In response to Reply #0

If you're spamming... try *not* spamming it. It seems to go up faster.

Using it whenever your mana is at 100% is a great way to get it mastered. Use triggers at your own risk.

VladamirWed 20-Aug-03 05:12 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#2050, "RE: Lore improvement"
In response to Reply #0

I played Esmi. 17 int storm giant. Had lore mastered well before hero. I just used it some in my spare time. No big thing at all really.

ehefalaTue 19-Aug-03 03:34 AM
Member since 16th Aug 2003
4 posts
#2026, "I think lore goes up faster on higher level items- - no..."
In response to Reply #0

notext

BalrahdTue 19-Aug-03 12:08 AM
131 posts
#2024, "Don't think in terms of attempts, think in terms of hou..."
In response to Reply #0

My last character, a felar warrior (17 int), perfected lore in 60-70 game hours, constantly spamming lore whenever I had free mana (with a few exceptions where I forgot to for a short time).

I don't think that is very extreme, but then I tend to play the same character for upwards of 200+ hours.

Actually, every one of my more recent (3rd age) non-spellcasting characters with lore has mastered it in about that same time. However, I vaguely recall one of my 2nd age arial thieves taking longer to master lore than 60-70 hours, which would lead me to believe that mastering lore has been made easier in the last five years were I able to trust my tired memory (I don't).

Anyway, think in terms of hours, not attempts. Lore isn't your ordinary skill.. its MUCH easier and more consistent to practice.

ZepachuMon 18-Aug-03 05:55 PM
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2015, "I know the feeling."
In response to Reply #0

I know the feeling. Exactly 547 lores, not one improvement. Yet Zulghinlour somewhere on these forums said that "lore is working fine"

QuisletMon 18-Aug-03 08:13 PM
240 posts
#2020, "RE: I know the feeling."
In response to Reply #1

And the intelligence of the characters in question? If it's under 20 but over 15, I'd still expect a couple of improvements in that many attempts, but ... as far as I understand the learning curves by current intelligence, it could happen, it's just a good sized chunk of bad luck.

Before lore was made easier, I'd expect no more than 2 improvements at most in 600 attempts made with any character whose intelligence is less than 20.

If your int is 23 or higher, something sounds very wrong. Even extremely bad luck shouldn't give a streak that bad with that high an int.

ZepachuMon 18-Aug-03 09:39 PM
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#2022, "17 int and rack up another 60 attempts with no improvem..."
In response to Reply #2

Bah.

LaearristTue 19-Aug-03 05:48 PM
289 posts
#2038, "Lore is VERY easy to master with zero effort on your pa..."
In response to Reply #3

I recently had a cloud giant (that's what 16 int?) that only lived to about 150 hours and he had lore up to 97%, without ever spamming. It's real simple... never let your mana reach 100%. At some time before your mana reaches 100%, say 90% or 60-70 mana away (depending on regen rates) lore the first item in your inventory. Voila! workable lore without effort (if you can't figure out how to do it without work, well I'll put that part on Dio's).

ZepachuWed 20-Aug-03 09:22 AM
223 posts
#2043, "Uh, yeah."
In response to Reply #6

There have been times where I've just been sitting around, chatting on AIM or whatever, and it's been a slow CF day, but still I stay in the game in case anything happens, or I'm regenning, or, whatever... and I'll sit there spamming lore, letting some mana regen, and repeat...

I'm up to over 700 lores to no avail.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2014 Previous topic | Next topic