Subject: "Call lightning" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1952
Show all folders

QuiditusMon 11-Aug-03 01:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1952, "Call lightning"

has that been changed for druids/rangers so that when you use it you can't see how much it hurt them?

You call lightning from the skies to strike Someguy!
Someguy yells 'Help, I've been struck by lightning!'

and I got no damage. I remember you used to be able to see how much it hit them for, but not how hurt they were.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Call lightning, Humble Explorer, 12-Aug-03 06:18 PM, #5
Reply interesting, Quiditus, 12-Aug-03 09:39 PM, #7
     Reply It can be that powerful, Nivek1, 13-Aug-03 08:24 AM, #8
          Reply RE: It can be that powerful, Quiditus, 13-Aug-03 07:55 PM, #9
               Reply As nepenthe would say, I will leave that as an exercise..., Nivek1, 14-Aug-03 06:48 AM, #10
Reply so........, Quiditus, 12-Aug-03 02:45 PM, #2
Reply Well..., Zepachu, 12-Aug-03 02:47 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well..., incognito, 12-Aug-03 04:41 PM, #4
     Reply I had it called on me, it also did no damage. Probably ..., Boldereth, 26-Aug-03 05:39 AM, #11
          Reply they fixed it on the bug board....of course they....., Quiditus, 26-Aug-03 10:32 AM, #12
     Reply like I said...., Quiditus, 12-Aug-03 09:37 PM, #6
Reply RE: Call lightning, fleshofchaos, 11-Aug-03 02:38 PM, #1

Humble ExplorerTue 12-Aug-03 06:18 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2003
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1966, "RE: Call lightning"
In response to Reply #0

Howdy,

Actually, one of my chars had it called upon them recently. I yelled from it, got the pk no quit timer but didn't take any damage at all. Perhaps this is just a potential way for the spell to fail? Alerting your victem you attempted it but fumbling it? Every time I was hit in the past I took damage from it though. That was the first time I ever yelled from it but got no damage.

Humble Explorer

QuiditusTue 12-Aug-03 09:39 PM
56 posts
#1968, "interesting"
In response to Reply #5

but very frustrating then....I mean at 75% it fails alot anyway, plus all the time making a storm on a sunny day, then the lightning timer...I mean it never was THAT powerful to tone down was it?

Nivek1Wed 13-Aug-03 08:24 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1969, "It can be that powerful"
In response to Reply #7

Under certain circumstances, rangers can call lightning on someone into oblivion. I remember doing this as Cronin with Paelnor and another ranger during the first Sylvan-Village war. Something like 9 strikes in a row destroyed this poor rager. It was pretty sweet.

That being said, I had lighting called on me recently and yelled but took no damage as well. I hope it hasn't been toned down.

QuiditusWed 13-Aug-03 07:55 PM
56 posts
#1972, "RE: It can be that powerful"
In response to Reply #8

how did you do 9 strikes in a row with only 2 rangers? I mean yeah if you had 9 rangers then just about anyones screwed

Nivek1Thu 14-Aug-03 06:48 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1973, "As nepenthe would say, I will leave that as an exercise..."
In response to Reply #9

QuiditusTue 12-Aug-03 02:45 PM
56 posts
#1963, "so........"
In response to Reply #0

could any imm let me know if this was intentional or not? I'm just kinda curious (besides how much of a thorn it is in my side that I can't even get an idea of how much I just hurt them for)

ZepachuTue 12-Aug-03 02:47 PM
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1964, "Well..."
In response to Reply #2

How would you know how much you hurt them for? All you KNOW for a fact is that you called down lightning to strike them. You aren't in the room with them so you wouldn't know if they even got hit, let alone for how much.

incognitoTue 12-Aug-03 04:41 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1965, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #3

maybe they scream louder?

BolderethTue 26-Aug-03 05:39 AM
197 posts
#2085, "I had it called on me, it also did no damage. Probably ..."
In response to Reply #4

nt

QuiditusTue 26-Aug-03 10:32 AM
56 posts
#2086, "they fixed it on the bug board....of course they....."
In response to Reply #11

didn't fix it when "I" bitched about it!!! damn you imms and your quid ignoring habits! you will rue the day I figure out what "rue" means!!! I promise you that!

QuiditusTue 12-Aug-03 09:37 PM
56 posts
#1967, "like I said...."
In response to Reply #3

it USED to be that you could see how much damage it hit for. Yes in real life you would not be able to know. but I won't go down that argument cause there are countless upon countless things that make absolutely no sense. (how can we all talk telepathically for basic starters)

anyway I was only curious if this change was intentional or if its a bug.

fleshofchaosMon 11-Aug-03 02:38 PM
133 posts
#1955, "RE: Call lightning"
In response to Reply #0

Guess it has been changed. Just tried it and yep, no damage...

*snicker* sorry to "you know who you are" but I just couldn't resist the temptation.

"Do not merely practice Art, but penetrate to the very heart of it. For only Art and Science elevate man to the Godhead." Ludwig Van Beethoven

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1952 Previous topic | Next topic