Subject: "Assassins and dual wield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19447
Show all folders

....Sat 06-Oct-07 06:33 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2003
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19447, "Assassins and dual wield"

How come assassins don't dual wield fists when the off hand is free? And another follow up question. Do felar assassins dual wield even without a weapon?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Assassins and dual wield, Daevryn, 06-Oct-07 09:54 PM, #2
Reply Is the parrying thing true for felars too? nt, snowlauncher, 06-Oct-07 11:03 PM, #3
Reply Nope. Felar are a special case. (n/t), Daevryn, 07-Oct-07 10:43 AM, #5
Reply RE: Assassins and dual wield, Mort, 06-Oct-07 11:53 PM, #4
     Reply Absolutely positive. :) (n/t), Daevryn, 07-Oct-07 10:44 AM, #6
          Reply I don't believe your lies, Ondore!, Mort, 07-Oct-07 02:03 PM, #7
Reply RE: Assassins and dual wield, snowlauncher, 06-Oct-07 09:42 PM, #1

DaevrynSat 06-Oct-07 09:54 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19449, "RE: Assassins and dual wield"
In response to Reply #0

>How come assassins don't dual wield fists when the off hand
>is free?

All assassins dual wield fists if both hands are free, if they have unarmed defense. Ditto warriors with ironhands and rangers with predator's stance.

I've considered letting any character dual wield fist while main wielding a different weapon, but for several reasons it would need to be a toggle rather than something you'd always do, and I've never been sufficiently motivated to implement it. The single biggest one is that while you were doing it, your parrying would go straight into the crapper.

snowlauncherSat 06-Oct-07 11:03 PM
Member since 10th Sep 2007
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19450, "Is the parrying thing true for felars too? nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

DaevrynSun 07-Oct-07 10:43 AM
11117 posts
#19454, "Nope. Felar are a special case. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

MortSat 06-Oct-07 11:53 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19451, "RE: Assassins and dual wield"
In response to Reply #2

>All assassins dual wield fists if both hands are free, if they have unarmed defense.

Okay, not to doubt The Nepenthe or anything... but are you absolutely positive about this? I kept subtly asking about this (and ignored) all the time when I played Alarith, since it sure as hell didn't work that way back then; looking back at my logs I didn't even once get more than 3 attacks having both hands empty, despite having the unarmed expertise edge, and 3 attacks were few and far between, quite clearly suggesting I was wielding only one hand all the time.

So please, doublecheck?

DaevrynSun 07-Oct-07 10:44 AM
11117 posts
#19455, "Absolutely positive. :) (n/t)"
In response to Reply #4

MortSun 07-Oct-07 02:03 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2006
194 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19456, "I don't believe your lies, Ondore!"
In response to Reply #6

Well, I'm just curious what the hell is wrong with my non-felar assassins then... I e-mailed you a few log snippets for your entertainment (of mocking me of not seeing something clearly obvious, no doubt).

snowlauncherSat 06-Oct-07 09:42 PM
Member since 10th Sep 2007
16 posts
#19448, "RE: Assassins and dual wield"
In response to Reply #0

I think its balance issues overall, same reason why no other classes dual wields fists with offhand free. Its a perk of the felar race. I believe felar assassins do dual wield claws with no weapons, as they sometimes get > 3 attack per round.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19447 Previous topic | Next topic