Subject: "Draining mvs and mana." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19255
Show all folders

AnimalFarmWed 12-Sep-07 04:34 PM
Member since 12th Sep 2007
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19255, "Draining mvs and mana."

This is a repost from qhcf.net.

Plague and crimson scourge are already pretty debilitating. I hope I didn't butcher that word. Would it make sense, from both a gameplay and funstick perspective, to not make those two spells/communes drop down into the negatives? All that does is waste the affected's time even more as they try to sleep it off.

What I would propose is that once mvs or mana reach 0, they continue to remain at 0 until the effects wear off. Or, at most, make the cap -100 or some such.

Yes, it is annoying when a shaman or necromancer hits me with a malediction like that. Much more annoying, though, is when an npc does it while I'm out exploring and I don't have a cure for it. I see this as a boost to gameplay and especially fun.

As well, those nice little refresh preps would be more tactical to carry around, in my opinion.

Thoughts? Is this just a rehash?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No immortal champion makes this poster sad. n/t, AnimalFarm, 17-Sep-07 03:01 PM, #10
Reply I don't think this is a needed/good change, so I was qu..., Daevryn, 17-Sep-07 05:09 PM, #11
     Reply I understand., AnimalFarm, 17-Sep-07 06:19 PM, #12
Reply If you nerf it, only nerf NPC plague n/t, Xenoroyal, 13-Sep-07 06:48 AM, #7
Reply I agree n/t, Hopelessdwarf, 13-Sep-07 02:53 PM, #8
Reply This is reasonable. My main problem too. nt, Nightshade, 13-Sep-07 04:18 PM, #9
Reply RE: Draining mvs and mana., Rade, 12-Sep-07 09:06 PM, #4
Reply Totally agree. Tweak plague/scourge! nt, Nightshade, 12-Sep-07 04:37 PM, #1
     Reply There is one thing, A2, 12-Sep-07 06:58 PM, #2
          Reply That's fine., AnimalFarm, 12-Sep-07 08:11 PM, #3
               Reply I've never actually seen that low., A2, 12-Sep-07 11:32 PM, #5
                    Reply Just cap a maximum negative., GinGa, 13-Sep-07 04:26 AM, #6

AnimalFarmMon 17-Sep-07 03:01 PM
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19271, "No immortal champion makes this poster sad. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

DaevrynMon 17-Sep-07 05:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19273, "I don't think this is a needed/good change, so I was qu..."
In response to Reply #10

AnimalFarmMon 17-Sep-07 06:19 PM
26 posts
#19274, "I understand."
In response to Reply #11

I try not to post suggestions biased by what I am or have been playing. This is one of those, though. Were I playing a class with that power I'd hate this change. But as a warrior (actually, as a player)...having a cap would be a dream.

No problemo.

XenoroyalThu 13-Sep-07 06:48 AM
Member since 05th Jun 2003
93 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19262, "If you nerf it, only nerf NPC plague n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

HopelessdwarfThu 13-Sep-07 02:53 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19263, "I agree n/t"
In response to Reply #7

n/t

NightshadeThu 13-Sep-07 04:18 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2005
125 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19264, "This is reasonable. My main problem too. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

--Nightshade

RadeWed 12-Sep-07 09:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
#19259, "RE: Draining mvs and mana."
In response to Reply #0

I thought, and I could be wrong, that this was tweaked a while back so that the regen back to zero was faster than usual. The negative mv and mana is a strategic benefit for the necro/shaman who already have a tremendous number of people who get away by virtue of flee/teleport. Plus it's more realistic for someone who just got over being sick to take a while to heal back to 'normal'.

NightshadeWed 12-Sep-07 04:37 PM
Member since 30th Apr 2005
125 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19256, "Totally agree. Tweak plague/scourge! nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

--Nightshade

A2Wed 12-Sep-07 06:58 PM
371 posts
#19257, "There is one thing"
In response to Reply #1

I always assumed the catch was, even if they stacked a 500 hour plague on you, you only have to cure disease once to get rid of all of it.

AnimalFarmWed 12-Sep-07 08:11 PM
26 posts
#19258, "That's fine."
In response to Reply #2

The annoyance is when the plague IS finally over...

you're resting off not just the length of the plague but the recovery of -1500 mana/mv. This would still ensure those spells and supplications are nasty but the aftereffect not so time consuming.

A2Wed 12-Sep-07 11:32 PM
371 posts
#19260, "I've never actually seen that low."
In response to Reply #3

Never more than -800 I think. And that was the worst in...ten years? My point was if you heal it before it gets that bad. But I agree, it is annoying as hell to deal with if it gets that far. Though, I've also sealed kills as a shaman in lower levels from just that. While they are trying to rest it off, I have worded, healed up and coming back to finish the job. So I'm torn.

GinGaThu 13-Sep-07 04:26 AM
996 posts
#19261, "Just cap a maximum negative."
In response to Reply #5

At about -150 sounds fair, or maybe -200 on both.

You could then make it so losing that much moves/mana hinders your int/wis, and dex/str. So you get some stat loss instead of the hugely stupid -800 whatsits.

Yhorian

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19255 Previous topic | Next topic