Subject: "Back to the old Evil problem." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1651
Show all folders

GinGaWed 16-Jul-03 02:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1651, "Back to the old Evil problem."

As many people agree, Evil does have a problem ranking. The average group mileage doesn't seem to be as much and with things like backstabbing and constant attacks from a great amount of people naturally being evil does have drawbacks on ranking. Ontop of this, is the limited places evil can rank. The solution?

Well, here it is. Currently (as far as I can tell) you are evil, kill good mobs and get an added exp bonus. Killing neutral mobs, is just the same as if you were neutral and killing things. Now if you kill other evils, you still get exp but with a slight negative. A similar thing applies to good, except heavy penalties on killing other goodies. What I propose is this, remove or greatly lessen the penalty for evils ranking on evils. I realise that this could cause problems of making evils look too easy but by removing the penalty, I believe ranking evils will have an easier time towards hero. Ontop of this we may be able to see more conflict involved in good vs evil turf fighting which is always entertaining. As it is now, there are a bit too many obvious places that evils have to go and get slaughtered when they're ranking 40+ and they don't have paladins to rank with or Hero's who are willing to come down and help.

Wouldn't mind feedback and ways to refine this idea as I can imagine suddenly telling evils they can rank in the same places as good could cause serious problems with mass pking.... but hey, all in good fun.

This also ties in with some difficulties rangers have, being an evil ranger can have restrictions if you want to rank in the wild safely.

Ginga.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Wed 16-Jul-03 06:17 PM
Charter member
#1652, "RE: Back to the old Evil problem."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 16-Jul-03 06:34 PM

Evil have no longer a penalty for killing evil mobs, this has been in effect for a while now. If you want to whine about ranking, whine about goodie ranger ranking between 25 and 35.

WilhathWed 16-Jul-03 06:25 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1653, "Uhm"
In response to Reply #1

Drogan Hills?
Dranettie?

GinGaWed 16-Jul-03 08:37 PM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1654, "Spider woods too. Was the penalty really removed? nt"
In response to Reply #2

s

AidanWed 16-Jul-03 10:40 PM
45 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1655, "Yes, it was. It's like killing a neutral mob now. (NT)"
In response to Reply #3

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1651 Previous topic | Next topic