Subject: "requested change:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1552
Show all folders

RadeSun 06-Jul-03 09:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1552, "requested change:"

Could necros have the ability to tell whether they're in a graveyard? Putting it in the prompt would be ideal.. (seeing as how you can tell civilized/wilderness). If not in the prompt could they get an ability? It'd just be a matter of convenience for me and the few other necro players.

Thanks,
Rade

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraMon 07-Jul-03 01:07 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1568, "RE: requested change:"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not that fond of putting it into the prompt, primarily for efficiency reasons. It's very rare that you need the information (almost all rooms aren't graveyards), and it'd be just one more thing that gets checked every time you move.

More importantly, I think it detracts from exploration to have it on autopilot. I like that the current system allows you to read a roomdesc and think "this place might have enough bodies buried..."

I have a compromise in mind that should solve the first problem without compromising the exploration issue. Watch this space.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

GabeMon 07-Jul-03 10:46 AM
182 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1562, "Not trying to keep it from the prompt.."
In response to Reply #0

but I would rather see some area-based echo..

As you pass through the gate, you can smell the decay rising from the ground.

would be for hamsah or something..

then if an area writer wants to include a graveyard..they can put their own echo..

Gabe

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1552 Previous topic | Next topic