Subject: "Some thoughts and questions inre: haste changes txt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15070
Show all folders

LarcatFri 27-Oct-06 04:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15070, "Some thoughts and questions inre: haste changes txt"

First, suddenly many minorish preps that I know seem useful. In the past, gathering many of them seemed pointless since haste would trump them all, but now they seem to have a point. Cool on that.

Did muters just get a kick in the junk, or is it a wash for them. I guess it looks to me like unprepped muter (only class abilities) vs. unprepped warrior just became a worse match up for the muter than it was. Is this mitigated by accellerate?

Can you explain how the reduction in healing effectiveness equals out for ABSed mage against zerker rager for me? ( I don't mean this to be snippy, it is an honest question. It seems that zerker rager just took it in the junk against ABSed voker, to me.)

Scouts seem to have gotten a tone up from this. Is that the case? Was it on purpose?

Anyways, my main bitch about cf for a long time now has been the time it takes. A HUGE part of that was haste. This mitigates that, and makes me much more excited to play (which I haven't in a long time).

-Larcat

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynFri 27-Oct-06 05:23 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15074, "RE: Some thoughts and questions inre: haste changes txt"
In response to Reply #0

>Did muters just get a kick in the junk, or is it a wash for
>them. I guess it looks to me like unprepped muter (only class
>abilities) vs. unprepped warrior just became a worse match up
>for the muter than it was. Is this mitigated by accellerate?

I think overall they came out ahead, though in some situations I'm sure they'r ea little behind.

>Can you explain how the reduction in healing effectiveness
>equals out for ABSed mage against zerker rager for me? ( I
>don't mean this to be snippy, it is an honest question. It
>seems that zerker rager just took it in the junk against ABSed
>voker, to me.)

Most of the fights seen of that form that felt really unfair to me for the Battle guy involved no small amount of healing. I'm sure there are exceptions.

Battle didn't lose all that much so far. Really.

>Scouts seem to have gotten a tone up from this. Is that the
>case? Was it on purpose?

Overall I'd say yeah they're sitting better than yesterday. As noted in the original post there's an excellent chance I'll be tinkering with them a bit too, just isn't something I got to last night.

>Anyways, my main bitch about cf for a long time now has been
>the time it takes. A HUGE part of that was haste. This
>mitigates that, and makes me much more excited to play (which
>I haven't in a long time).
>
>-Larcat

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15070 Previous topic | Next topic