Subject: "Some ideas about shapeshifters, comments welcome..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1503
Show all folders

DogeTue 24-Jun-03 09:45 PM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
117 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1503, "Some ideas about shapeshifters, comments welcome..."

I thought of 3 things that would make a shifter's early life more enjoyable:

Add unique echos to each partial shift when they fall. Currently the echo is generic and the same for each "Your body returns to normal." There are different echoes when you cast one partial over another. These could easly be used when any partial drops out of your affected by list as well.

Add a blurb of sorts to the shifter's desc when a partial shift is up. I've cast, for example, fangs of the seperent and folks will look at me to see any change but there is none. When a shifter gets a full form the whole desc does indeed change. So how about some notice of that for partial shifts. An example: If you've fangs up then one would append to the current desc (or place after the health line) the following: You notice a pair of slender, long fangs protruding from the mouth of <whomever>. Adding another line would also be good. I think this would be a nice little trinket for RP as well.

Allow various partial shifts (I'm thinking of the melee ones) to improve in combat. I've had 2 shifters since partials went in and have never seen this so I assume it is not coded in. But I think that the youth of a shifter can be spartan and being able to improve in claws, fangs, horns (maybe even the others, have not thought about that) while using them in combat would be a nice "treat."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraTue 24-Jun-03 11:14 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1505, "RE: Some ideas about shapeshifters, comments welcome..."
In response to Reply #0

Add unique echos to each partial shift when they fall.

This isn't practical for technical reasons. Standard wear-off echoes are somewhat inflexible, and the 'overlap' echoes you are discussing change based on the caster's anatomy.

Add a blurb of sorts to the shifter's desc when a partial shift is up.

Eh. I'm not sure I like imposing on their description style. It's hard to make things like that flow correctly.

Allow various partial shifts (I'm thinking of the melee ones) to improve in combat.

Claw of the Lion already could be. I added checks for the other two as well.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1503 Previous topic | Next topic