Subject: "Thinking about PK ranges" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1499
Show all folders

QuisletTue 24-Jun-03 04:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1499, "Thinking about PK ranges"

Just a passing thought,

Distention extends your PK range upwards, making it possible for those above you to fight you, and generally playing up the PK aspect of the game. While this is a PK mud it's also heavily RP based, so what about those whose RP calls for less PK? For example, someone who takes the spheres Mercy or Peace, may not be willing to kill another PC, and might not even kill sentient NPCs. So, if they're not killing, maybe they would get a sort of anti-distention where their PK range shrinks? I haven't thought out yet how this might affect game balance, so I thought I'd just toss it out for others to chop apart while I got back to my latest attempt at writing a novel.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoTue 24-Jun-03 06:12 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1501, "nice idea, but one flaw with it"
In response to Reply #0

If you were a peaceful person, it wouldn't really make sense for you to be able to hack apart the lowbie who attacked you in 2 rounds.

The reverse logic doesn't really restrict distention though.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Tue 24-Jun-03 04:48 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

Thus creating an endless line of Inn sitting Herald hoarder paladins. No thanks. I like the idea, but say your PK range went down if you died alot, well, that would be easily abusable. Say I'm a fire ap with a crazy range, I let some buddy kill me a few times and I laugh at all the human conjies with angels (or storm paladin laughing at human necros).

Circ.

QuisletTue 24-Jun-03 06:58 PM
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1502, "RE: Thinking about PK ranges"
In response to Reply #1

I think incognito misunderstood me to mean the PK range extends downwards, when what I actually meant was that the PK range would shrink. Either way it does make it easier to hoard when you can't be attacked by higher level people. While I don't see why I'd then hoard, that's probably just because I don't usually do.

Another abuse obvious in retrospect, healing or spell casting for others while they PK and you watch. Could that be adjusted for somehow?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1499 Previous topic | Next topic