Subject: "Aggro Healers" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1412
Show all folders

WilhathThu 19-Jun-03 03:16 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1412, "Aggro Healers"

There has been a great deal of debate on Dio's about aggressive healers. I know as Wilhath there were certain healers that I could count on to gate to me as soon as I logged in and walked to a place where it was possible. I never died to these folks but they were an incredible annoyance and a large part of the reason I started doing my hiding in no-gate areas. As soon as a healer gated to me I'd have 47 goods descending on me.

So this brings me to my question. First, it's difficult to get a healer into Maran and second, healers were stripped years ago of their more offensive supplications. However, people have continued to roll up aggressive healers for one reason or another. It has often been the case that people who roll aggro good healers end up being in Dawn/Acolytes because traditionally it has been easier to get into those cabals than Maran (especially as a healer). This seems to reak of weeniness. So...

What is the immortal opinion on this? Should healers be out hunting folk? Should Acolyte healers be out hunting folk? Does the opinion differ depending on alignment/ethos/cabal?

I've played no fewer than 3 hero healers in my day so I know it gets boring, but I was never the gate/murder kind. Maybe it's time to jump on the bandwagon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZarguFri 20-Jun-03 03:21 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#1418, "RE: Aggro Healers"
In response to Reply #0

As i stated on Dio's forum i would say its a matter of what God you follow... A healer following Shokai and being a maran i would expect being agressive.. A healer empowered by Bria under the sphere of mercy and a acolyte i wouldnt say should be agressive...

All in all, its a matter of sphere and patron, i follow Intronan, the god of battle and death, why wouldnt i be agressive from time to time?!

If you find it annoying, just do like i did, went to a place, placed a trap (with Uhlath) and waited for the gate... Not once after this has the healer gated in on me again!

/Zharaluzar

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1412 Previous topic | Next topic