Subject: "Wood elf Druid Question" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13398
Show all folders

StunnaSun 11-Jun-06 06:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#13398, "Wood elf Druid Question"

Does protection from metals negate your iron vuln?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Wood elf Druid Question, nepenthe, 11-Jun-06 08:13 AM, #1
     Reply Nepenthe, could you please, Stunna, 11-Jun-06 08:55 AM, #2
          Reply I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make my o..., Drag0nSt0rm, 11-Jun-06 12:38 PM, #3
               Reply RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..., nepenthe, 11-Jun-06 07:09 PM, #4
                    Reply RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..., Stunna, 11-Jun-06 07:59 PM, #5
                         Reply RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..., the shark, 14-Jun-06 12:53 AM, #6

nepentheSun 11-Jun-06 08:13 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13399, "RE: Wood elf Druid Question"
In response to Reply #0

It roughly makes it a wash. That is, a wood elf with protection from metals will take similar damage from an iron weapon that a human would.

StunnaSun 11-Jun-06 08:55 AM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#13400, "Nepenthe, could you please"
In response to Reply #1

Compare and constrast the pros and cons of wood elf druid vs. human druid?

Drag0nSt0rmSun 11-Jun-06 12:33 PM
450 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13401, "I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make my o..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sun 11-Jun-06 12:38 PM

But, I can outline a few reasons, and this is from my perspective mind you.

First off, Humans.
Pros
Low XP pen, meaning you can pick on people lower level than you, as well as faster ranking. No vuln, can wear any gear a neut druid could.
four trains a level
Cons
Nothing spiffy

Wood-Elves
Pros
Wood-elf bonus to druidy things, high dex *better at dexy druid skills*, high int *Learns faster and I think this helps druid sups*, high wis *Saves against spells better and learns faster, also might help with druid sups*. Cool RP.
Cons
XP pen = slower ranking, also means you gotta fight people about your level and higher. *cept those fire ap's*. Low con, *Means people will send you packing a little more often* Iron vuln + not being able to pick up iron till you turn it into wood.

All in all they balance out, which is a reaccurrent theme in CF, so really its YOUR pick, I know what mine is.

nepentheSun 11-Jun-06 07:09 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13409, "RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..."
In response to Reply #3

>First off, Humans.
>Pros
>Low XP pen, meaning you can pick on people lower level than
>you, as well as faster ranking. No vuln, can wear any gear a
>neut druid could.

Yup. And let it be said, a 0 penalty character has a vastly different range than a 400 penalty character. There are a lot of levels on the way up at which a human druid should survey their range and more or less feel like king of the jungle.

Also:

More strength (carry heavier/more stuff, can use a few heavier weapons if you want are the highlights there.)

More con (good for a number of things, but more HP is probably the biggest one here -- druids aren't inherently awesome tanks, have damage reduction abilities that, while sometimes great, potentially might not apply at all, and don't get a ton of hit points. Every bit helps here.)

Can be Orderly. (Probably, you have it in your mind to play an Outlander druid or something and you don't want to be -- but if you do, a human can.)

>Wood-Elves
>Pros
>Wood-elf bonus to druidy things,

This IMHO is the selling point. Everything else is beyond secondary.

>high dex *better at dexy
>druid skills*,

I can't think of one. More items in your inventory is nothing to laugh at though, although I think that's less valuable for a character like a druid that A) doesn't have wands and B) doesn't really need to switch between an assortment of weapons.

>high int *Learns faster and I think this helps
>druid sups*,

Learns faster, sure. The rest, not so much.

>high wis *Saves against spells better and learns
>faster, also might help with druid sups*.

The human druid's wis isn't inferior to the wood-elf's, though, so this really isn't a comparison point.

Other things you left off for wood-elf druid:

Detect Nature - Their poor-man's acute vision-like plus some other little goodies ability.

More mana/generally faster mana regeneration.

StunnaSun 11-Jun-06 07:59 PM
1048 posts
#13412, "RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..."
In response to Reply #4

Would it be fair to say that humans make it easier to rack up the kills while wood elves are better all around druids?

the sharkWed 14-Jun-06 12:53 AM
Member since 04th Dec 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13426, "RE: I will say that probly won't happen, but I'll make ..."
In response to Reply #5

Naw.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13398 Previous topic | Next topic